Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 04-07-18, 20:28   #17361
Titak

Exclamation

@ BlueYeti:
You got banned for having a double account, and then you go ahead and make another account. Tsss...
It would have been much better if you contacted trl online about it, just like he asked.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 13:46   #17362
Opaque79

So I have started a Jurassic Jungle level as well as the sewer level

Couple of screenshots of the first room in progress

Having a separate editor folder for each project makes things a lot easier and faster.
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 14:47   #17363
KyleCroft

Looks great!!
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-18, 21:59   #17364
Wolf 7

^^
Hope you'll relase them both!
The jungle screens are good enough. But I think that the greenish lighting in the second pic doen't actually fit that good with the late-afternoon-horizont.
Then are you using the original textures provided by the Core or are you using the 128x128 adaptation? Why am I asking this? 'Cause in the second pic I can see the ground a bit pixelled. Don't worry, it's not a big deal! I just wanna check if I've got a good eye for textures!
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 21:08   #17365
Ligufaca

Opaque79: Nice! That jungle is looking great, also, I like the textures! Are those rock textures from TR3, but only edited grey?

Also, your sewer level looks nice too! Maybe could try adding more stronger shadows? But, that's only matter of taste, I personally prefer to have a strong contrast in lighting.
Ligufaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 21:29   #17366
Opaque79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligufaca View Post
Opaque79: Nice! That jungle is looking great, also, I like the textures! Are those rock textures from TR3, but only edited grey?

Also, your sewer level looks nice too! Maybe could try adding more stronger shadows? But, that's only matter of taste, I personally prefer to have a strong contrast in lighting.
The rock textures are from TR3 Gold - Highland Fling.

I posted in the Temple Sewer thread that I am looking for testers, anyone who wants to volunteer, post a reply there.
Old 11-07-18, 14:17   #17367
Wolf 7

Hey guys and gals, I wanna show ya some pics that I made, but they aren't from "tomb raider resident evil".
This is a level born in January, my first older sister was born on the 14th of February (yeah, as Lara Croft) and for that day I wanted to build for her a level using Tomb Editor, but I had problems and in the end I couldn't start the level.
Some days ago, I downloaded the 1.1.1 version of TE, and Gosh it works slightly better! So I started building this level ... But I'm late of five months (ironic smile).

What do you think? Click them for a bigger version.
(It's heavily wip)

Last edited by Wolf 7; 11-07-18 at 14:18. Reason: You know, I always have problem with pics
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 17:34   #17368
Ruu11

I honestly don't see any orginality in your levels, Opaque79
It's like watching some of the 1000000 levels that are there already on TRLE.net
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 17:37   #17369
Opaque79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
It's like watching some of the 1000000 levels that are there already on TRLE.net
I struggle with that a lot.

The Temple Sewer level I made has a puzzle in which a block is moved by switches. That's the most original I have right now.
Old 11-07-18, 17:41   #17370
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Ouch... little bit harsh, don'tcha think?
Perhaps its just the TR4 objects and Core textures that give you this impression, I dunno?

OK guys so (and I know I say this ALL the time) - I'm reviving an old project.. and good news, I now have access to some models and textures that I didn't have before! Should make things a little easier now for me...
Currently having to dissect pieces of textures in order for them to work properly in TRLE world - such as pavements and roads, pain in the butt, but it needs doing
Gonna leave it at that for now - I need to find me old WAD and level to show anything beyond test rooms
Just gonna drop this here to joy peoples memories :P

dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote