www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 07-01-18, 18:38   #11
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt View Post
Here's my version. I can use any kind of font if you're not happy with the one I chose.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4640/...6ed21ffd_o.png
I love this one.
Old 08-01-18, 00:37   #12
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

I see it didn't take long for my one to get put to shame. But there again, I think mine was more of a demonstration of what I wanted as opposed to anything more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider4ever View Post
Wow, very nice.

I am very much drawn to the 968; I like the design of it and how it's a good size and relatively central. I think you've made the numbers go well with the apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Like it.

This is a bit different to the other two; I would describe the apple as being more wacky and fancy. I'd say the apple has more decorative features too with the leaf and the colouring/shading of the apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrushdt View Post
Ah, nice indeed.

Similar to the first one, apart from a few differences. I do like the apple and especially the 968. I think the colour of the 968 works really well; it looks like the colour of the inner part of an apple beyond the skin. It looks like someone has peeled the skin in such a way that they were able to design the 968.

I think I do have a rough idea which image appeals to me the most at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should hold fire incase anyone else has an image to share?
Old 09-01-18, 16:08   #13
MBog
Archaeologist

Here are 2 more from me:

Link: https://imgur.com/8vtDcQd Link: https://imgur.com/ffiPzhB

I know those are probably not what you are looking for, but I like seeing other angles of the same 'greenapple'.
yesrushdt 's is the most realistic I would say, it is very nice indeed.

Last edited by MBog; 09-01-18 at 16:12.
MBog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-18, 19:36   #14
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post

I think I do have a rough idea which image appeals to me the most at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should hold fire incase anyone else has an image to share?
Does it matter? It's not like the olden days where we had to wait 28 days for an avatar change, just use the one you like and if any get posted which you like better you can change it again....
Old 09-01-18, 22:09   #15
NoahCrofRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
Does it matter? It's not like the olden days where we had to wait 28 days for an avatar change, just use the one you like and if any get posted which you like better you can change it again....
I agree with you. Besides, I change my avatar pretty often myself. I don't see why anyone else couldn't be/feel/act the same.
Old 10-01-18, 18:33   #16
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

As things stand, I have the following image as my Avatar:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4640/...6ed21ffd_o.png

And I have this image as my Profile Picture:
https://i.imgur.com/rPMwoXG.png

The only thing I will say, is it possible to edit the background colour of my Avatar? The background colour of the image is white which isn't a perfect match for the grey colour of the forum which the image is surrounded by. Could the image be edited so that the background colour is the same as the grey colour of the forum? Could the same be done for the image that I'm using as my Profile Picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Here are 2 more from me:

Link: https://imgur.com/8vtDcQd Link: https://imgur.com/ffiPzhB

I know those are probably not what you are looking for, but I like seeing other angles of the same 'greenapple'.
yesrushdt 's is the most realistic I would say, it is very nice indeed.
They are a bit different to what I had in mind but I'd say that these are the most humours images so far.

Last edited by Greenapple968; 10-01-18 at 18:37.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-18, 18:57   #17
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Could the image be edited so that the background colour is the same as the grey colour of the forum? Could the same be done for the image that I'm using as my Profile Picture?
Here you go.

Old 10-01-18, 22:36   #18
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Why thank you.

I'd love to know what your magic trick is so that I don't have to keep relying on others.
Old 11-01-18, 00:48   #19
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Why thank you.

I'd love to know what your magic trick is so that I don't have to keep relying on others.
I use the most basic office programs, unlike many users here who no doubt use more advanced programs such as photoshop. I simply press print screen while on the forum (where the avatar's display), which places an image on the clipboard, which in turn I can paste into an image editor. I then crop that image, leaving just the desired colour, followed by overlaying the avatar image and any further cropping/resizing where necessary.

I've noticed that there is an annoying visible white line at the top of the avatar I provided, & it only seems noticeable once it has been set as an avatar. Perhaps it doesn't bother you, but I'd rather get it right than half-ass it .
So here is the updated avatar. I used postimage this time as imgur appears to be compressing the image too much (not that you'd really notice with avatars anyway).

Old 18-01-18, 19:45   #20
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
I use the most basic office programs, unlike many users here who no doubt use more advanced programs such as photoshop. I simply press print screen while on the forum (where the avatar's display), which places an image on the clipboard, which in turn I can paste into an image editor. I then crop that image, leaving just the desired colour, followed by overlaying the avatar image and any further cropping/resizing where necessary.

I've noticed that there is an annoying visible white line at the top of the avatar I provided, & it only seems noticeable once it has been set as an avatar. Perhaps it doesn't bother you, but I'd rather get it right than half-ass it .
So here is the updated avatar. I used postimage this time as imgur appears to be compressing the image too much (not that you'd really notice with avatars anyway).

I have updated my Avatar so that there is now no white left at all.

I do hate the nag, but is it possible for anyone to do the same with this image: https://i.imgur.com/rPMwoXG.png ?

If that image was to be done, then I could have that one as my Profile Picture.