www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-01-18, 02:42   #2831
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil VII, on Madhouse difficulty.

I was expecting more surprises and changes. All in all, it felt -mostly- disappointing. Adding a few fat molded here and there or adding more bird cages didn't quite offer a new experience.

I must confess, though, the Circular Saw was my best friend all the way. I should replay it without "cheating", but I've had enough of RE7's main campaign for a while thanks to the Platinum.

8/10
Old 13-01-18, 04:25   #2832
JohnCroft25
Historian

"Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands" for PS3
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-18, 05:35   #2833
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Resident Evil VII - Not a Hero

Should I post for every mode I complete!?

Meh, as if it made a difference

8/10

Fun mode and gameplay. There is no impact whatsoever in him being Chris Redfield. He could very well be Ethan or Hunk and it'd be the same. Also, the final boss is freaking easy (on Normal). How come I had about 150 shotgun shells!? And I wasn't saving ammo...

Other than that, I liked it. I don't see why they took this much time to release it though. And it could have used a puzzle here and there (come on, pushing the mine carts certainly can't be considered a puzzle...neither can flipping a few switches in the dark). Now that I think about it, the main game should have had puzzles that don't rely on shadow matching. The first RE games had many. Bring those back!

Next, End of Zoe. Or Not a Hero on Professional!?

EDIT: It was End of Zoe.

8.5/10

I liked it even more than Not a Hero. I still can't believe the absurd situations this DLC puts you in. The concept of it all is so bizarre, from the weapons to the bugs you collect, that it ends up being...well...good (?)

Capcom, you never disappoint. Except when you disappoint, of course.

I can't see myself replaying neither DLC soon (but who knows? I might very well find myself doing the opposite), but I think I should try those banned footages that came with the game. Maybe.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 14-01-18 at 10:15.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 14:33   #2834
rewak
Professor

At the very least play Daughters from the Banned Footage collection, it's a prequel to the main game where you play as Zoe. It's pretty short but it's great seeing the Bakers before they've turned and seeing how they change.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-18, 15:18   #2835
Grimaldi
Archaeologist

Life is Strange, season 1. Got all the photo ops finally.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 13:18   #2836
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
At the very least play Daughters from the Banned Footage collection, it's a prequel to the main game where you play as Zoe. It's pretty short but it's great seeing the Bakers before they've turned and seeing how they change.
I played it! (and Bedroom and 21)

Strangely, the one I liked the most was 21

Nah, Bedroom was really fun as well. It was a fun escape game, with easily the toughest puzzles in the entire edition.

My complaint about Daughters is how sudden the transformation is. I truly didn't read all the documents in the game (the tension was enough to keep me running from place to place...why would I take my time to read some papers) but I did read that Marguerite went to the doctor and had her head scanned. In the DLC she goes psycho in a matter of seconds, I can't imagine her going to the doctor after all this. It's a contradiction.
Old 17-01-18, 15:07   #2837
Grimaldi
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna ' s Wish
In the DLC she goes psycho in a matter of seconds, I can't imagine her going to the doctor after all this. It's a contradiction.
It's not. The Bakers are insane under Eveline's control at night, but they act mostly normal during the day, as seen at the end of Daughters. Don't know why, but I think that explains it.
Old 17-01-18, 15:19   #2838
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
It's not. The Bakers are insane under Eveline's control at night, but they act mostly normal during the day, as seen at the end of Daughters. Don't know why, but I think that explains it.
Ohhh, I didn't know that! I also didn't get the true ending to Daughters, only the one trying to leave through the garage. Or is that clarified in the bad ending and I wasn't paying attention?

EDIT: Then the question would be why she never went to the doctor again during other day in which she could act as normal as possible :/

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 17-01-18 at 15:22.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-18, 17:02   #2839
Grimaldi
Archaeologist

I guess either Eveline found out and could influence her not to (they only became muderous at night, I think, but were still under her control) or Marguerite was brainwashed into being grateful for her "gift" by that point and didn't seek further treatment for it.
Old 17-01-18, 19:23   #2840
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Strangely, the one I liked the most was 21
21 is probably my favourite too, but i love Lucas so i guess i'm biased on that
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote