Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 28-06-12, 23:18   #1
scottconny

Default Did anyone notice this?

I was replaying Legend today and did anyone notice in the Boliva redux level the boxes in it say Natla on them. I was playing the ps3 version. Seems crystal dynamics were thinking of adding her in Underworld while they were making Legend
scottconny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 07:09   #2
KiMO

At first I didn't believe you so I checked the game myself. It's true! :O

But I'm still not able to see the connection between Rutland and Natla. Guess it's supposed to stay a mystery forever.
KiMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 20:21   #3
Mytly

It's been noticed dozens of times over the past 6 years. But good for you for noticing it on your own.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 20:32   #4
NRO.

Nope, no one. :P
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-12, 23:43   #5
scottconny

I've played legend so many times and it was only yesterday that i noticed. I wonder if it's like that on the psp version
scottconny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 00:01   #6
Cali

I've seen pictures but never actually looked for myself. I've been replaying Legend so I should check it out.
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 00:52   #7
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottconny View Post
...did anyone notice in the Boliva redux level the boxes in it say Natla on them. I was playing the ps3 version. Seems crystal dynamics were thinking of adding her in Underworld while they were making Legend
Quite true, but whatever they originally planned had been kept under wraps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiMO View Post
...But I'm still not able to see the connection between Rutland and Natla. Guess it's supposed to stay a mystery forever.
The connection is not between Rutland and Natla. My theory: Amanda was the one who found her in the first place (mentioned in Underworld), and Natla was able to find all her stuff in the closed down Natla Technologies, which had boxes labeled Natla on them most of the time. The mercs are Rutlands, as when Zip said in Legend that he has his own private army. Amanda just rounded everyone else. Amanda's just the middle-man/woman between Natla and Rutland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
I've seen pictures but never actually looked for myself. I've been replaying Legend so I should check it out.

from wikiraider.com
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 12:06   #8
LENGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
We'll give you 50 minutes, that should be enough time for you to finish the game
LENGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 12:49   #9
LNSNHGTDS

Yes, I've also got a theory on that !

When Amanda broke into Croft manor she discovered stuff about Natla so she decided to investigate (that's why both she and Rutland do not appear themselves but send just some mercenaries in England and Nepal) , found Natla, kept her a prisoner, maybe took some stuff from the mines too (hence the crates) and that's why Natla is Amanda's prisoner in Underworld !
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-12, 15:52   #10
[Xmas]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
When Amanda broke into Croft manor she discovered stuff about Natla so she decided to investigate (that's why both she and Rutland do not appear themselves but send just some mercenaries in England and Nepal) , found Natla, kept her a prisoner, maybe took some stuff from the mines too (hence the crates) and that's why Natla is Amanda's prisoner in Underworld !
Actually, I thought Amanda discovered Natla long before Legend started, not during Legend. I'm not sure if it was said anywhere in the game but I believe it was Natla who gave Amanda the necessary coordinations for the stone dais in Bolivia and it was Natla who manipulated Amanda into wanting to go to Avalon. Why else would Amanda want to go there? Amanda was even supposed to appear in Core's TRAE and I'm sure she would interact with Natla one way or another, which further proves my theory.

I'm sorry if I'm acting nerdy, it's just that I've replayed the LAU trilogy very recently
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote