www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 20-09-18, 01:06   #31
Kapu
Professor

This topic has really piqued my interest! I've always thought that the last name "Conway" was an addition from the Crystal trilogy. It's wild to think that "Conway" has been so ubiquitously accepted as Larson's last name, and yet there's no official source to be found. I have a copy of The Official Tomb Raider Files by Susie Hamilton and I just combed over it, but there's no mention of a last name for Larson there, either. Or Pierre for that matter, although his last name is spoken in TR1 so we know it exists.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 13:12   #32
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Thanks, Kapu! Pierre's name is spoken aloud in Anniversary, too, by Lara. (As a side note, the subtitles spell it Pierre Dupont, for the curious. Not du Pont, DuPont, or other variations! So there ya go. :P )

I think I might try contacting Meagan Marie or Toby Gard if TRC has no leads. Not sure if they'll respond since this issue is so petty, but they're really the last sources I can think of other than what I suggested earlier, to track down Jo or Dr. Cheese, which might be impossible.

Last edited by LateRaider; 20-09-18 at 20:07.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 22:52   #33
Moosey
Archaeologist

Hopefully Justin can shed some light on this I'm actually really curious to find out!
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 07:40   #34
Helegad
Explorer

German Tomb Raider Chronicles guide calls him only Larson.
Old 01-10-18, 13:31   #35
Zreen001
Professor

I even tried contacting Larson's Anniversary voice actor a few weeks ago to ask whether he knew anything about "Conway", no answer yet but maybe I just messaged an out-of-use email.
Old 01-10-18, 22:19   #36
LateRaider
Archaeologist

No word back from Justin. I'm sure he'll get back to me when some of the SotTR craziness has settled down. It was the absolute worst timing on my part to find this out...

Edit 1 - I forgot to say, thanks for helping me out, Helegad and Zreen! If we wanted to contact Dave Wittenberg, maybe we could try Twitter? Remaining cordial as possible, of course. I remember Dave does a lot of video games and anime, so Twitter might have his most active presence.

Edit 2 - So, I decided to check the N-Gage port of TR1, since it uses text transcripts rather than voice acting and FMVs. Unfortunately, there's no source of "Conway" there. But I did solve two other minor oddities.

First, Pierre's surname has been spelled Dupont officially since 2003. Which is good to know.

Secondly, I had thought the term "Croft Manor" might've been an invention of Crystal Dynamics. The Manor was only ever called Lara's Home in the Core Design canon, after all. But here we see our first instance of a Core game calling it Croft Manor.

Thinking on it, the term probably came from the Jolie films. But still, it's good to know we can officially retroactively call the Manor by that name.

Edit 3 - Thanks to AVGN's Tomb Raider video, I was able to read a portion of the opening of the N-Gage port, which the LPer of the videos I ripped those from skipped. And... it yielded nothing of note.

Apparently, inconsistencies about his name have grown. This agrees with the card game's spelling of Larsen, despite the fact that it's spelled with an O here:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Larsonbio.jpg

No other developments yet.

Last edited by LateRaider; 08-10-18 at 11:55.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote