www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 04-04-13, 20:08   #1
adventurecroft
Hobbyist

Default Do you like Tomb Raider Legend's storyline?

I loved the story of this game! I think it should have made been made into a movie
Old 04-04-13, 21:04   #2
dream raider
Tomb Raider

I loved it! I thought the whole dais and time travel thing was beautifully done. Amanda and Anaya are unforgettable and I loved the flashbacks. At times it felt too "hollywood" for me but overall it was wonderful!
Old 04-04-13, 21:38   #3
ShadyCroft
Tomb Raider

It had potential. The premise was good, but I think the execution made it very underwhelming.
Old 05-04-13, 00:35   #4
Boobandie
Professor

If you remove Lara's mother from the plot and keep the plane crash at 21, then it suddenly becomes just like a classic TR game. In fact you don't even need to change her biography as it fits into the old universe perfectly.

It's three years since Angel of Darkness, we don't know what Lara did in that time but it seems she got over her depression and returned to tomb raiding at some point. She received a tip from an old friend about a dais in bolivia that sounds like one she saw in a monastery she took shelter in in Nepal after her plane crashed on the way home from a skiing holiday. (Seriously, in the 9 year old version, why ARE Lara and her mother flying over the Himalayas...) Her tomb raider senses tingling she goes to investigate...

Once in Bolivia she finds the place, and after navigating the various traps and such she discovers the dais. But there are mercenaries and a man that seems a bit to familiar with her for her liking there. She is attacked when she claims ignorance about the sword piece she recognizes from the place. Back then when she touched it the dais activated and she was met with ghostly voices. One only just managed to tell her to get out of the way quickly before the dais exploded. The man tells her 'Amanda said she was sloppy' before leaving and setting his mercs on her.

The rest of the game continues as normal, except the ghalali key was something her father gave to her from an old dig rather than a present to her mother, and so it's on the plane in nepal.

Then after the boss fight with Amanda the dais shows the younger lara appear on the other side of the portal. Lara is confused by this but realizes the situation quickly and tells her to get out of the way. Amanda says to pull out the sword but Lara remembers that wasn't how it happened back then so if her younger self did it then it would be changing time and everything could be different. She convinces her younger self to quickly escape, saying dont touch the sword and that it will explode. Younger Lara dissappears from view and the timeline is secure. But the dais Lara is currently at starts shaking and Lara only just jumps out of the way before it explodes.

Amanda calls Lara an idiot, saying she ruined everything. Lara doesn't have much to say to this. Sorry maybe, some heartfelt 'we used to be friends' thing... before she leaves. The mystery she had in the Himalayas back then is solved and she is game for a new adventure.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 01:08   #5
spyrostr
Professor

^ your imagination scares me....
for some reason even TRL makes me feel nostalgia...i loved the storyespecially the ending..it was epic... until Underworld came and i didnt want to hear that word again...
Old 05-04-13, 05:45   #6
Demonsweat
Historian

I liked it. Well... honestly, I hated that there were so many other people involved besides Lara. Even worse that she had people chirping in her ear at every turn, totally breaking the beauty in isolation theme of past Tomb Raiders. But for the story I guess there needed to be that big of a cast, and TRL did its part very well in building the story up. We can't fault it for the letdown that eventually happened in Underworld.

In short, hated it at first but it grew on me over time.
Demonsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-13, 12:11   #7
tiann
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
If you remove Lara's mother from the plot and keep the plane crash at 21, then it suddenly becomes just like a classic TR game. In fact you don't even need to change her biography as it fits into the old universe perfectly.

It's three years since Angel of Darkness, we don't know what Lara did in that time but it seems she got over her depression and returned to tomb raiding at some point. She received a tip from an old friend about a dais in bolivia that sounds like one she saw in a monastery she took shelter in in Nepal after her plane crashed on the way home from a skiing holiday. (Seriously, in the 9 year old version, why ARE Lara and her mother flying over the Himalayas...) Her tomb raider senses tingling she goes to investigate...

Once in Bolivia she finds the place, and after navigating the various traps and such she discovers the dais. But there are mercenaries and a man that seems a bit to familiar with her for her liking there. She is attacked when she claims ignorance about the sword piece she recognizes from the place. Back then when she touched it the dais activated and she was met with ghostly voices. One only just managed to tell her to get out of the way quickly before the dais exploded. The man tells her 'Amanda said she was sloppy' before leaving and setting his mercs on her.

The rest of the game continues as normal, except the ghalali key was something her father gave to her from an old dig rather than a present to her mother, and so it's on the plane in nepal.

Then after the boss fight with Amanda the dais shows the younger lara appear on the other side of the portal. Lara is confused by this but realizes the situation quickly and tells her to get out of the way. Amanda says to pull out the sword but Lara remembers that wasn't how it happened back then so if her younger self did it then it would be changing time and everything could be different. She convinces her younger self to quickly escape, saying dont touch the sword and that it will explode. Younger Lara dissappears from view and the timeline is secure. But the dais Lara is currently at starts shaking and Lara only just jumps out of the way before it explodes.

Amanda calls Lara an idiot, saying she ruined everything. Lara doesn't have much to say to this. Sorry maybe, some heartfelt 'we used to be friends' thing... before she leaves. The mystery she had in the Himalayas back then is solved and she is game for a new adventure.
LOL! that's a pretty good modification to the storyline!
Old 05-04-13, 12:54   #8
kevindatsun
Explorer

Quote:

OMG, this is totally good
Old 06-04-13, 15:30   #9
Pyro99
Archaeologist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurecroft View Post
I loved the story of this game! I think it should have made been made into a movie
I loved it, it's my first TR ever, and my favourite! The stroy is positively amazing!!!
Old 06-04-13, 20:24   #10
dream raider
Tomb Raider

Quote:

"We used to be friends" can't substitute what Lara really said... But overall I like your edit!