Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 12-04-13, 00:05   #21
Agent 47

I don't know how long one episode takes to film and edit so lets say 6 weeks per episode (being generous) I'd say we're looking at air-dates anytime from September-December. Early would be nice but i don't see it
Agent 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 00:15   #22
cezy rockeru

yeah, i guess so. they are one and a half hour long, though, so that's gotta take some time with all the filming and editing and stuff. i can wait, i just hope they're good.
cezy rockeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 00:30   #23
Agent 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezy rockeru View Post
yeah, i guess so. they are one and a half hour long, though, so that's gotta take some time with all the filming and editing and stuff. i can wait, i just hope they're good.
It's the fact they're feature length that makes the wait worth while. I sometimes think Doctor Who should go the same route, several feature length episodes a year giving the ability to tell stories on a grander scale
Old 12-04-13, 00:44   #24
cezy rockeru

i think this method is way better than having like 20 short episodes per season, which show events that don't make much sense or sort of connect to each other. at least, in a hour-and-a-half-long episode, every little thing is shown and the mass confusion is lowered. i really like the idea of 3 episodes per season, and i gotta admire the fact that they're able to film three 1.5-hour long episodes and air them the same year, or within a year from the beginning of the production.
Old 12-04-13, 01:43   #25
Agent 47

I think the way the BBC does it's programmes the way it does (short series between 3-6 episodes) cuts down on filler episodes that are rather naff.

I'm sure we've all seen a 22 episode season of whatever and thought "damn half that run was crap". At the same time though i do understand the "wow BBC that series was awesome but why is it so short?" from international viewers
Old 12-04-13, 01:45   #26
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
I'm sure we've all seen a 22 episode season of whatever and thought "damn half that run was crap". At the same time though i do understand the "wow BBC that series was awesome but why is it so short?" from international viewers
Three words; quality over quantity
That's why shows like Sherlock are so damn good. Although, in this instance, Benedict Cumberbumberbatch is responsible too
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 02:44   #27
Agent 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
Three words; quality over quantity
That's why shows like Sherlock are so damn good. Although, in this instance, Benedict Cumberbumberbatch is responsible too
He's probably the only reason i plan on seeing the Star Trek movie
Old 12-04-13, 10:22   #28
Shark_Blade

Same. I've never been into star trek and now I'm curious.

I was mind blown when I realized Martin Freeman is the lead in The Hobbit film. Kinda gasped loudly in the cinema and very proud of him.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 11:09   #29
cezy rockeru

i prefer Martin's role in Sherlock rather than The Hobbit, tbh. i think his acting was good in The Hobbit but imo he's generally a rather comic character and i think the 'laughable' moments in Sherlock suited him better.
Old 12-04-13, 15:22   #30
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
He's probably the only reason i plan on seeing the Star Trek movie
Benedict is in the new Star Trek movie? I didn't know that. I saw the first reboot movie and hated every last second of it, but consider me curious now I know Benedict is in the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezy rockeru View Post
i prefer Martin's role in Sherlock rather than The Hobbit, tbh. i think his acting was good in The Hobbit but imo he's generally a rather comic character and i think the 'laughable' moments in Sherlock suited him better.
He's a master of deadpan comedy IMO, something he perfected while playing Tim Canterbury in The Office. Him playing Watson in Sherlock is kind of a similar character to Tim.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote