Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 05-08-17, 21:33   #1
lizardspock110

Talking Future Location Suggestions!

I actually want Lara to go to Turkey (or any middle eastern country) in future!

This is supposed to be a street or something in Istanbul
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 21:58   #2
Patrick star

Mesopotamian civilization almost screams for an LC game Also Greece is another great location , but since we've just came out of ROTTR which was Byzantine/Greek-focused , I think that it's not a very likely location in the near future (at least in terms of what CD could be thinking) .

I just hope they even have plans for a third LC game , I ADORED GoL and while ToO was inferior to its predecessor it still had its moments with stunning visuals , atmosphere , Keekey Hawes's voice and of course : MUSIC !

Last edited by Patrick star; 05-08-17 at 22:00.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 15:12   #3
NoahCrofRaider

I'd love to see a cold, snowy place for a future LC game.

I'd really like if we explored Russia or Antarctica, but what I would like to see more than anything is globe-trotting. I want it to return so badly. I think the LC games deserve a bigger budget anyway, so I think it could work.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 19:23   #4
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
I actually want Lara to go to Turkey (or any middle eastern country) in future!
I think I made a topic like this already. Anyway, yeah I would like a middle eastern location if it was something like Aladdin, with genies and magic carpets and all that
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 22:11   #5
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Mesopotamian civilization almost screams for an LC game Also Greece is another great location , but since we've just came out of ROTTR which was Byzantine/Greek-focused , I think that it's not a very likely location in the near future (at least in terms of what CD could be thinking) .
YES
I love greece but I don't think we should see more of it right now, better to focus on different, fresh environments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I just hope they even have plans for a third LC game , I ADORED GoL and while ToO was inferior to its predecessor it still had its moments with stunning visuals , atmosphere , Keekey Hawes's voice and of course : MUSIC !
The music was absolutely perfect, I really like the composer.... hope he returns! I do hope they have plans, and not only for multiplayer styled games </3 Hopefully the success of Lara Croft go pushes them

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I'd love to see a cold, snowy place for a future LC game.

I'd really like if we explored Russia or Antarctica, but what I would like to see more than anything is globe-trotting. I want it to return so badly. I think the LC games deserve a bigger budget anyway, so I think it could work.
You want snow and cold again I love them but I think its a bit much considering the whole of Rise was set in Russia. Maybe a few rainy environments? Globe trotting needs to happen, I'd really be excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I think I made a topic like this already. Anyway, yeah I would like a middle eastern location if it was something like Aladdin, with genies and magic carpets and all that
Oh yes I was inspired by your thread, but I made this more as a general thread for all future LC games instead of only the sequel.

Another location I'd say would be India, its absolutely amazing... though it should be a side location, one of a few locations around the globe since Uncharted is going there now
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 22:59   #6
Wooxman

I'd also love India or maybe Thailand. We certainly had enough cold environments in the last two main games and even ToO had a "cold weather switch" to make everything snowy.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 16:45   #7
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
You want snow and cold again I love them but I think its a bit much considering the whole of Rise was set in Russia. Maybe a few rainy environments? Globe trotting needs to happen, I'd really be excited
I forgot about the two reboot games, thanks for pointing that out to me.

I wouldn't mind some rainy environments, globe-trotting just has to happen. Especially if we got a game like the one Nigel Cassidy outlined.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:29   #8
Chamayoo

Well that did not stop them to used Amazonia in GOL after TRU's Mexico. So Greece isn't so unlikely. And I like it, there's so many opportunities in that place for a LC game !

Another favourite of mine : Scotland.
Celtic culture, eerie forests, ancient castles, beautiful lakes and lands...
That would be an unexpected location.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 16-08-17 at 21:31.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:34   #9
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Well that did not stop them to used Amazonia in GOL after TRU's Mexico.
GoL still took place in Mexico - or it could be Guatemala or Belize or Honduras; point is: it was the same Maya civilization...
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:37   #10
Chamayoo

Certainly, I don't know, I didn't really paid attention of the exact place where GOL take place. I though Mexico in TRU is Mayan while GOL is more Aztec.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote