Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 07-02-17, 19:58   #71
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
See, this is why I think my relationship with Tomb Raider could be irreparably damaged. In my eyes, there was absolutely nothing wrong with how the game looked when it was first released. It even looks pretty when I play it on my ancient and groaning laptop. But SOMEONE at Crystal D thought it would be a fine use of time and resources to improve upon the graphics - which are the only aspect (in my eyes) that was completely faultless about the whole thing.
1080p, 60fps, all DLC, a vastly improved, and less buggy multiplayer, more realistic hair physics, dynamic foliage... Shall I continue?

Quote:
I'd have much rather they had sat down and devised some fun gameplay scenarios for the next game, instead of messed around with this!!
You do realise the DE came out in January 2014 - before Rise was even announced, right?
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 21:09   #72
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
1080p, 60fps, all DLC, a vastly improved, and less buggy multiplayer, more realistic hair physics, dynamic foliage... Shall I continue?
You mean up to 60 FPS and more like 40-50 FPS most of the time. And the multiplayer of the DE is the worst of all versions with constant disconnects. Resolution, framerate and MP are best on PC. The only advantage of the DE are the prettier graphics (especially the shadows) and the (IMO) better looking Lara model.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 20:22   #73
IncultaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
You mean up to 60 FPS and more like 40-50 FPS most of the time. And the multiplayer of the DE is the worst of all versions with constant disconnects. Resolution, framerate and MP are best on PC. The only advantage of the DE are the prettier graphics (especially the shadows) and the (IMO) better looking Lara model.
The only thing I noticed that DE improved in multiplayer was that Lara's braid actually moves now. But the PC version is probably the best, since you don't need a psn or xbox subscription to play, and you can play as Zac and the Scavenger Archer.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 05:03   #74
ThatSassyKid

The MP on the PC is the worst though
The last gen MP is so buggy and laggy, I can't. The only thing worse about DE's MP is that it randomly throws you back to the main menu after a round ends.
Old 10-02-17, 16:13   #75
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
The only thing I noticed that DE improved in multiplayer was that Lara's braid actually moves now.
Yes, and the weapons and axes also dangle around, though you don't really notice that during gameplay since multiplayer makes you focus more on your environment than your character.

Quote:
The MP on the PC is the worst though
The last gen MP is so buggy and laggy, I can't.
Are you just generalizing or have you actually played TRMP on PC? I've played the MP on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC and of those three, the PC version certainly is the best and most stable one.

Quote:
The only thing worse about DE's MP is that it randomly throws you back to the main menu after a round ends.
Yes and that will count as a left game, really just a minor annoyance, especially if you care about ranking up or if you want to stay in the same lobby. And I don't know about TRMP on PS4, but at least on Xbox One it can take ages to get into a lobby (most of the time it says that you'll be connected and then throws you back to the title screen), there's far more lagging during gameplay and if one person leaves, chances are high that you'll be disconnected from the lobby. The only disadvantage on PC is the occasional cheater who abuses the Yamatai patch, but in those cases you can simply leave the game and search for another lobby rather quickly. I wouldn't take that risk with the DEMP if someone annoys me. And that's far from being as annoying as all of the downsides of DEMP.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 18:48   #76
IncultaWolf

Apparently, there was censorship with the DE version. I don't know if this way region specific or not though.

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...d-1024x576.jpg

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...485161f1_o.jpg

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01...-raider/71041/
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 20:14   #77
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
Apparently, there was censorship with the DE version. I don't know if this way region specific or not though.

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...d-1024x576.jpg

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...485161f1_o.jpg

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01...-raider/71041/
I'm banking that was more an oversight/they were too lazy and so just used a generic dirt layer.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 20:30   #78
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I'm banking that was more an oversight/they were too lazy and so just used a generic dirt layer.
Agreed. They couldn't make the hair red, so they didn't bother with the rest.
Old 16-02-17, 07:34   #79
AntRaidsTombs

She was bloody in my DE
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 08:00   #80
ESCachuli

I found it odd too when I played the DE but I thought it was just a less saturated version.

Yeah, it looks much better in the original.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote