Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-01-24, 11:47   #1951
LCTRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I would like to say 'took him long enough', but I would wonder if he was told to wait for the remasters at some point, or whether they told him no, and then changed their mind - seeing as the remasters are happening, it would be the perfect time for them.
Nope. He just waited for the perfect timing to make as much money as possible with it. Releasing it simultanously with the remaster means more sales for him.
LCTRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 21:11   #1952
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTRF View Post
Nope. He just waited for the perfect timing to make as much money as possible with it. Releasing it simultanously with the remaster means more sales for him.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-24, 22:16   #1953
ggctuk

The issue with that is he had no way of knowing that was going to happen. What if Crystal turned Aspyr down, for instance?
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-24, 10:04   #1954
Brendanlovesu1

Quote:
I would like to say 'took him long enough', but I would wonder if he was told to wait for the remasters at some point, or whether they told him no, and then changed their mind - seeing as the remasters are happening, it would be the perfect time for them.
AFAIK Nathan always intended to do this wether the remasters were coming or not (I think it may have been one of the stretch goals for the original kickstarter) and he has been quite vocal on Twitter that he wasn't asked at all re the remasters.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-24, 14:19   #1955
Mokono

Quote:
You write it like it's a bad thing. Anyway, we'll always have tomekkobialka's Rerendered Soundtrack, which sounds really good and has served me right all these years.
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-24, 18:40   #1956
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
You write it like it's a bad thing. Anyway, we'll always have tomekkobialka's Rerendered Soundtrack, which sounds really good and has served me right all these years.
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-24, 14:33   #1957
LCTRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
You write it like it's a bad thing.
I'm gonna be honest here and say that I'm most likely biased and don't like him as a person, because he treated many people like absolute garbage. And I can't stand his attitude and rude unprofessional recent behaviour online that tries to make his fans put pressure on Aspyr.

But yeah, I really hope he's gonna release the remastered OST someday, so I can finally move on and forget about this.
Old 27-01-24, 17:59   #1958
ggctuk

Quote:
And I can't stand his attitude and rude unprofessional recent behaviour online that tries to make his fans put pressure on Aspyr.
Wait, what? And what exactly does he want pressure put on Aspyr for in the first place?

Last edited by ggctuk; 27-01-24 at 21:35.
Old 28-01-24, 00:08   #1959
LCTRF

Quote:
Wait, what? And what exactly does he want pressure put on Aspyr for in the first place?
Basically he feels like it's his right to be involved in the remasters for whatever reason. You can read it on his twitter. One tweet he posted says he is the only one in the world having the original music files etc, while retweeting teweets of fans who tagged Aspyr and said Nathan should be involved etc. something along these lines. His fans completely ignoring the aspect of his unprofessioalism and how no company would like to work with a guy who acts like a fool online (not that I think they would've approached him anyway). If you go by that logic they had to involve all the level designers and programers which they felt they simply didn't felt the need to do.
Old 29-01-24, 10:20   #1960
ggctuk

Quote:
Basically he feels like it's his right to be involved in the remasters for whatever reason. You can read it on his twitter. One tweet he posted says he is the only one in the world having the original music files etc, while retweeting teweets of fans who tagged Aspyr and said Nathan should be involved etc. something along these lines. His fans completely ignoring the aspect of his unprofessioalism and how no company would like to work with a guy who acts like a fool online (not that I think they would've approached him anyway). If you go by that logic they had to involve all the level designers and programers which they felt they simply didn't felt the need to do.
Are they not just using the original music and FMVs with the audio untouched (assuming the FMVs will be upscaled)? What possible role does he imagine himself having in this process? And what makes him think he's the only one with the original music files anyway? I get wanting to make sure they're treated right, but surely he can't think he has much more of a say than maybe that?

Last edited by ggctuk; 29-01-24 at 10:22.