Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-02-18, 22:54   #11
Sir Launcelot

I played TR2013 through a few times when I first got it, then used saves to play what I regarded as the better parts on and off.

Actually haven't touched that for quite awhile.
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 22:57   #12
Moosey

2013 twice - when it first came out, and more recently with the Definitive edition.
Rise I've only played once, last year.. played all of the DLC as well. I will probably play it again later on, I really enjoyed it.
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 00:09   #13
HD Simplicityy

TR 2013 was my very first TR experience. So, unsurprising, I really liked it. I beat it the first time around on Normal. I finished collecting everything else to 100% after. Before Rise came out I replayed it on Hard, but didn't bother recollecting stuff. Still quite liked it. I've done the same thing with Rise - twice beaten, Normal save file at 100%. I enjoyed both enough to place them both in my top ten best games Ive ever played. But...looking back they aren't as good, as I've read more and more criticisms. Regardless, I have Rise at #9 and TR 2013 in a tie with The Walking Dead Season 2 at #10.

I'd say almost any of my top ten (twelve actually) best ever games is replaceable. Hell, I'd take Skyrim out of my tie with Horizon Zero Dawn at #6 and give it solely to HZD. But Skyrim has a legacy that the latter doesn't have...yet. Replacing my top 6 would be tough, top 5 tougher, and top 3 reeaally tough.

Last edited by HD Simplicityy; 19-02-18 at 00:11.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 01:45   #14
trfanX34

That's funny, TR is dirt cheap on Steam right now so I stated a replay on PC (I originally played it on PS3). If I finish it that will probably be the first start-to-end replay I do of the game. I've replayed individual portions numerous times before, though. I just tend to always skip the beginning.

As for RotTR, I played it once on 360, replayed a few of the fun bits (namely the Atlas sequences) and then again on PC. My processor is **** (first gen i5), and I was playing on Extreme Survivor difficulty, so enduring 2 minute loading screens and having to redo all my progress since the last campfire every time I died made for a quite frustrating experience. Add that to the fact that RotTR is not a particularly innovative game, I don't think I'll be replaying it any time soon.

Last edited by trfanX34; 19-02-18 at 01:48.
trfanX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 02:45   #15
VictorXD

Countless times TR2013 is among my fav games of all time, and I have surely finished it at least 50 times. Rise not as much because the graphics on the 360 can be distractingly awful at times (affecting even the atmosphere in some cases), and I think it lacks a bit of innovation a lot of departments to live up to the first game.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 13:28   #16
Dennis's Mom

Once each. There will be no replays.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 13:29   #17
Blue_light

3 and 2/3 real ones for TR2013.

- 1 for the first playthrough.
- 1 in Hard Mode, bow only, no upgrades, however I picked an upgrade that was relatively useful, and the game forced me to update the bow once I got its parts.
- 2/3 To compensate the previous one, this time I chose a useless upgrade and didn't go to campfires. Quit after getting the compound bow, since I already did everything onward in the other playthrough.
- 1 for the TR marathon, this time all the way through the end. Same method: Hard, useless upgrade, no campfire.

And about 5-7 extra times until I unlocked the Chatterbox trophy.

0 for Rise. I'm not really interested in it.

Last edited by Blue_light; 19-02-18 at 13:32.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 17:07   #18
Chamayoo

About the amount of time I spent with my brother on Steam 35 hours on TR'13 and Rise 175 hours. Looks like we like replaying the second more than the first.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 07:32   #19
ShutUpReyes

I play every Tomb Raider game religiously until the next one comes out. Have about 15 on TR2013 and 20 on Rise. Most were 100% then I just said 'screw it' and stuck to the main game, tombs and got any collectables on the way as opposed to constant backtracking.
ShutUpReyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-18, 17:15   #20
ancientIo

i played twice i actually like the environments and some of the sequences. you know the beginning when Lara's in a dark cave and has to find her way out? She has to literally claw her way out?

Atmosphere, that's what I like.
ancientIo is offline   Reply With Quote