Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 23-10-16, 16:15   #31
jajay119

The physics have never been en pointe that's true though they're much worse with the TRess FX to me and added onto it that it now looks stupid too, that to me makes it worse.

I'm never normally one to go in for the whole 'hair' debates but I do feel TRess FX was created directly to appease those here who wanted 'more realistic hair' and was designed around what they thought that is... which, to me, is not what TressFX portrays.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-16, 19:28   #32
Shirley_Manson

I like the non-tessfx hair better. Ironically, it just looks more natural.
TressFX makes Lara's hair look like million thin strands of silk that have been coated with conditioner. And sometimes, when her hair gets too close to the screen, it gets scary, like it's spider webbing.
Shirley_Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-16, 11:02   #33
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
I like the non-tessfx hair better. Ironically, it just looks more natural.
I agree, especially for the situations Lara continually finds herself in. She seems to be perpetually dirty, bloody or wet and in all those situations hair sticks together and looks like the last gen hair.

I don't think the TressFX actually looks or behaves like real hair at all; it looks like someone scalped a girls world and stuck it on her head. It's worrying enough people have unrealistic expectations of hair that CD felt the need to plecate them by creating a physics engine round this.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-17, 21:12   #34
Bladerj

if anyone comes here later, it got much better in rise of tomb raider,now it actually flows like a hair and colides with her body

check out https://imgur.com/a/JGlmZ
Bladerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 10:49   #35
wearemany

I thought I was the only one who didn't like it while a bunch of people were praising it.

TressFX is a mess imo. That hair seems to have a life of its own. They said it would make it look more realistic, but what about the times she gets caught in those snare traps? She's hanging upside down but her hair defies gravity.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 11:09   #36
ThatSassyKid

^ It may not have realistic physics, but the individual strands were incredibly impressive back in 2013
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 11:14   #37
Trenton

TressFX is life

It wasn't perfect in the first game, but it looked amazing most of the time and then was vastly improved with Purehair in ROTTR.
I like that TR are experimenting with new graphical tech rather than just following in the footsteps of others. The classics also did this. TR is meant to lead, not follow.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 11:16   #38
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
TressFX is life

It wasn't perfect in the first game, but it looked amazing most of the time and then was vastly improved with Purehair in ROTTR.
I like that TR are experimenting with new graphical tech rather than just following in the footsteps of others. The classics also did this. TR is meant to lead, not follow.
Destroy
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 11:25   #39
wearemany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
^ It may not have realistic physics, but the individual strands were incredibly impressive back in 2013
I know, compared to the normal hair it did look impressive, but to me it always looked like each individual strand had its own life.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 16:05   #40
Wooxman

Compare physics effects in games from the early 2000s with those of modern games. The physics effects of the old games look kinda hilarious in comparison but back then they where ground breaking. I think that TressFX/Pure Hair is similar ground breaking but for some reason some gamers seem to have been desensitised in regards to new technologies in games that are still experimental and constantly bash them.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote