www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-10-18, 18:44   #281
LaraCroftSotTR
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by R41D3R View Post
Hear the german "voice acting" at it's best here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CckHFVzq_G0
Start from 31:07.
Seriously?
I love the game, but this broke all immersion.

Sorry, what? I usually prefer the english voices and Camilla did a fine job (I can't and I won't critize her great work)
but I honestly like the german voice of Lara a bit better. I thought it had a little more warmth to it.
Are you even speaking german to judge it?

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 20-10-18 at 18:47.
LaraCroftSotTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 18:48   #282
_Seth
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCroftSotTR View Post
Sorry, what? I usually prefer the english voices and Camilla did a fine job (I can't and I won't critize her great work)
but I honestly like the german voice of Lara a bit better. I thought it had a little more warmth to it.
Are you even speaking german to judge it?
You don't need to be German to judge the bit they mentioned.
Old 20-10-18, 18:52   #283
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

Let me tell you, when you are in the graveyard and the witch lady laughs when you are doing “voice immersion”. She is cackling like a witch and it doesn’t fit at all. I have never laughed so hard in my life
Old 20-10-18, 19:12   #284
LaraCroftSotTR
Student

Sorry, I meant Laras voice throughout the whole game. Jonah and the other main characters were fine too, but Lara was fantastic.
But if you're only referring to the moaning there, then ok. the point goes to Camilla.

Last edited by LaraCroftSotTR; 20-10-18 at 20:54.
LaraCroftSotTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 22:20   #285
Error96
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTRISNTTR View Post
The vocal intonation of Lara's voice actress in Shadow of the Tomb Raider is all over the place. Literally no consistency in pitch whatsoever and her accent changes every 40 seconds...
Completely agree. The irony is that her voice acting in Shadow is the best of the three but no it's still very poor. I certainly want to see Camilla replaced. The rest of the character's voice acting in the game is actually pretty good but that only highlights Camilla's inconsistent acting even more. Lara's characterisation and voice acting are the weakest thing of the reboot and it really pulls everything else down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 View Post
Some members have no respect and cloud the forum with bull**** and now I see new members are starting to justify it and try to make it ok in hilariously childish ways. Everyone’s calling the kettle black here (myself included for even responding to this issue) It makes the forum look really bad when this many people are acting like spoiled children, throwing around insults and calling this Lara “Laura” etc. If you’re unhappy I suggest you go do something that makes you happy, or ty to post constructivly I swear people don’t know what that word means anymore.
You have a rather naïve perception of this as many that are critical are some of the biggest TR fans out there. It isn't hate on everything like I think the reboot gameplay is solid (and great in Shadow) as do many. Recently also I think TR Suite is absolutely incredible and I love love love it. Don't judge that people hate all TR and want it to fail and truth is we want to get amazing again that will truly get us enthralled. If we had LAU Lara instead of reboot Lara the reboot would be brilliant but instead it falls short. If things are below standard there is no point sugar-coating it and getting the same disappointment again as TR deserves better than this Lara incarnation.

Last edited by Error96; 20-10-18 at 22:56.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote