www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-10-18, 18:29   #11
Ahmier
Archaeologist

You don’t have to use the map It makes it more difficult that way.
Old 19-10-18, 18:56   #12
DOPE
Relic Hunter

I was surprised as hell when I found out they made them into riddles because when I first found one I thought they were going to be as shallow as Rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Only once I realized what she was reading was an actual clue. So then why does it appear on the map?
I think the reason it appears on the map (the general area of it) is to remind you activated the riddle in case you read the monolith and then go on to do something different.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 13:11   #13
Grimaldi
Professor

I loved this little change. My only complaint is the thought put into the riddles was a bit wasted on the rewards which could’ve been more exciting. If they’d led to relics or treasure chests, I think that would’ve been better.

Another small change I liked was turning the ore veins into gold and jade which acted as currency. Mining for gold instead of materials for crafting explosives is much better, as I hardly did the latter in Rise.
Old 20-10-18, 13:17   #14
Pyro99
Archaeologist

They were kind of spoiled for me because of how a bug robbed me of my 100% completion, but I enjoyed them much more than just having stuff added to my map, mainly because it's like that perfect amount of having to take a moment to think without it being TOO hard, so you feel all tomb raid-y but also not "ugh this is taking too long"
Old 20-10-18, 13:53   #15
Robwood
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
Another small change I liked was turning the ore veins into gold and jade which acted as currency. Mining for gold instead of materials for crafting explosives is much better, as I hardly did the latter in Rise.
I hate the merchant system; it's enables grinding. "Grind for gold and jade! Sell them for gold pieces! Use those pieces to buy clothing! You can't wear them immediately, though, since you don't have the necessary items, so start grinding for resources!"

7,000 for clothes and you can't even wear them yet. That's genius.
Old 20-10-18, 13:55   #16
Grimaldi
Professor

Oh, the merchant system is pants, but I fortunately never used it much, just to buy the necessary gear like the lockpick (which she should already have ). I just thought ditching the coin caches for currency mining was cooler.