www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-10-18, 13:03   #11
tomee
Tomb Raider

I liked it more. The new skills like double stealth takedown and eagle's talon were great additions. I absolutely liked that they put more emphasis on stealth mechanics and there were almost no head on confrontation.

This is actually one of the reasons why I'm so bummed about the poor reception of Shadow. Reviewers were calling it boring because there wasn't an explosion every 10 seconds. I think the next game might contain much more face to face combat in the open.
Old 20-10-18, 14:47   #12
Skye1288
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I can see her getting attacked by birds or some kind of flying entity. Would have been cool if she could hold onto a zip line or a rope with one hand while shooting with the other. Perhaps should could swing into an enemy and do a backflip off of them to stagger them and then execute a sick kill move on them.

Also where is this from? I love the weather and wish we had more disturbing weather in Shadow. The game was just too clean for it to be set in the apocalypse.
I'm not sure but I think it's from the artbook of Shadow. I saw it with other pictures for the dlc "The Forge", maybe it's for this dlc or another one.

I think the game really lack of animals enemies.
When the game was announced I thought we would have to fight alligator, eagles, big spiders, snakes, scorpions, maybe even monkeys. I also thought the dinosaurs would be back. You know the ""deadly"" jungle ..
Old 20-10-18, 15:07   #13
charmedangelin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye1288 View Post
I'm not sure but I think it's from the artbook of Shadow. I saw it with other pictures for the dlc "The Forge", maybe it's for this dlc or another one.

I think the game really lack of animals enemies.
When the game was announced I thought we would have to fight alligator, eagles, big spiders, snakes, scorpions, maybe even monkeys. I also thought the dinosaurs would be back. You know the ""deadly"" jungle ..
Had they added all of that the combat in the game would have surpassed combat from TR13 and Rise.

And yeah, what happened to that deadly jungle? Lol
Old 20-10-18, 15:40   #14
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I think the combat got better.

I preferred the emphasis on stealth and I have no desire to fight off waves of ever increasingly difficult generic mercs / cultists. With patterns of fighting that is the same and bits like when 3 or 4 enemies suddenly appear and 2 of them are amoured shotgun people

I don't need it but for those who like combat, there possibly could have been a bit more. But only for them, because the game was perfectly fine with the levels of combat it had.

Perhaps a bit more combat in the open world areas. Not in the tombs though.
Old 20-10-18, 15:43   #15
Chamayoo
Professor

Maybe some optional combat area as well as optional tombs would fix that for everyone
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 15:48   #16
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Melee would make it so much better. And some better gun play like blindfire or shooting while climbing. I think for the combat aspect they should take from Uncharted.