www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 20-10-18, 20:34   #21
laracroftswest
Professor

I'm only really a fan of the Legend/Anniversary models. Underworld's is really strange to me and I always thought her face was...off.
laracroftswest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 20:35   #22
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Sometimes the Underworld model looked okay, but personally it isn't my favourite. Her legs and arms were so skinny, with big hands... I like Lara with more shapely legs. Her nose looked too small to me, even though I think she looked fine in Legend and Anni. Might've just been the texture maps, I don't know.

But at least she still looked very "Lara" overall. More than can be said for the reboot, by far.

I'm in agreement with others here, I wish they'd kept the definitive edition TR2013 model and just improved upon it. So far that's the closest she's looked to a classic Lara, while still looking "realistic" and younger.
Old 20-10-18, 20:55   #23
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
I'm in agreement with others here, I wish they'd kept the definitive edition TR2013 model and just improved upon it. So far that's the closest she's looked to a classic Lara, while still looking "realistic" and younger.
I'm a bit surprised how you prefer a "plastic surgery gone wrong" version of Lara, over any other model that we've had so far
Old 20-10-18, 21:02   #24
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I'm a bit surprised how you prefer a "plastic surgery gone wrong" version of Lara, over any other model that we've had so far
That's nice.
Old 20-10-18, 21:09   #25
\Tomb Raider/
Archaeologist

I think the rise model and shadow model where the best minus the puffy hair. We need to stick to one model only. If we change her for every single game its just very unprofessional. Like seriously, keep the shadow model for the next game but fix the puffy hair.
Old 20-10-18, 21:11   #26
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by \Tomb Raider/ View Post
I think the rise model and shadow model where the best minus the puffy hair. We need to stick to one model only. If we change her for every single game its just very unprofessional. Like seriously, keep the shadow model for the next game but fix the puffy hair.
I really hope they keep the current model, with some improvements on her hair
Old 20-10-18, 21:16   #27
xdesperado_
Student

I think Laraís model is gorgeous - particularly in Rise & Shadow. But one thing that bothers me about her look is the puffy hair on the sides.

Iíve always wanted her to have a slicked-back ponytail (i.e. like Angelina Jolieís in the end of the first TR movie) even young Laraís hair (in SOTTR) was done well.

My fave post-Core model is probably her Anniversary one, it still holds up.
Old 20-10-18, 21:49   #28
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Sorry to be a bitch, but I literally stopped reading at TRU's model being one of the most gorgeous ones. I'm sorry but that is just way too much non sense. I mean, she has some good angles sure, but she's far from being beautiful, let alone one of the most best looking Laras out there.
This, Underworld Lara always looked like an alien. The model is the least of reboots issues.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 21:56   #29
Error96
Explorer

Lara definitely looked a lot better in LAU than reboot. Of the LAU games Lara I think she looks best in Anniversary. Her face in that game is beautiful. I like the TRU model although the face looks a little plastic and I wish they had modelled her closer to Allison Carroll. Still all 3 LAU models are significantly better than reboot's. When it comes to outfits LAU just obliterates reboot's like comparing a top sport's car to a rusty car after it has been through the crusher.

To answer the question of the title though it would be a strong yes that LAU model Lara would be a big improvement although replacing reboot Lara's personality with LAU Lara's would have a bigger effect.
Old 20-10-18, 22:01   #30
Rai

Underworld Lara looked a bit odd to me. Her skin looked a bit plastic and grey, not white, but grey, almost sickly. Underworld Lara was also older, which wouldn't have worked with the origin story with a 21-23/4 year old Lara. Her hair was a better style, but a really dull colour. Her clothes were dull too, although I liked the style of a couple of outfits.

TR'13 Lara was fine, but Rise and Shadow Lara is great looking besides the over poofy hair (with minor tweaks between the games). At best she could do with a bit of a tan.

If CD wanted to keep Lara close to the LAU models, they should have gone with TRA Lara updated to today's graphics. Particularly the trailer model. But maybe that would have given the impression that the origin was a prequel to LAU, which it isn't.