Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 14-06-17, 11:51   #11
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
What percentage of xbox games is the protagonist a guy in a space suit or bulky metal suit with a big fat gun? So cool. Much masculine. Tbf this was the only xbox game that looked.......okayish. And tht Ori game looked cute. But I just cant believe how no xbox games appealed to me. Why is this always the case? D:
Honestly, if you really looked at it closely, not much more than (if at all) the percentage of Sony games... which this also is, BTW. I couldn't even list all the games that I've played on Xbox systems--the One included--that don't fit this model.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 18:41   #12
ANoDE
Golden

Sorry for necroposting - but the game is currently 85% off on Origin and I was wondering - is it ANY good? I'm a BIG Mass Effect fan, and am wondering if I could find enjoyment in this game. From what I've heard, people are not all that fond of it (i.e. it flopped brutally).

Has anyone bought / played it? What do you think? Is it worth the 9 Euros?
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-20, 22:09   #13
ajrich17901

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Sorry for necroposting - but the game is currently 85% off on Origin and I was wondering - is it ANY good? I'm a BIG Mass Effect fan, and am wondering if I could find enjoyment in this game. From what I've heard, people are not all that fond of it (i.e. it flopped brutally).

I played it with friends on PS4 and we had fun with it for what it was. Mind you we only paid $5 for it while it was on sale last Christmas but I wouldn't say it's awful by any means, repetitive but not awful.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 15:05   #14
MrBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post

I read they're majorly rebuilding the game in order to give it a second, 'proper' launch at some later date. So you probably won't get any significant content updates for its current state for quite a while.

I tried it with a friend during the beta and it was... okay. Gameplay was fine, but the story felt lacklustre, so it all comes down to how much you enjoy the combat and especially whether you have a friend or two to play with or don't mind playing with strangers.

With only minimal support right now, I imagine it'll be easy to grow bored with the game, so the real question might be whether you feel like investing €9 in 'Anthem 2.0' to arrive in a year or two?

Just don't expect a story-focused game, or you'll likely be disappointed
MrBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-20, 15:26   #15
ANoDE
Golden

Thanks for the inputs. I guess I'm gonna sit that one out then
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote