Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 22-11-17, 10:56   #341
Deathly Karma

I have issues with this programme because it doesn't make sense.

1. FMV's don't work, I've downloaded them into the FMV folder and only the old ones play, I've downloaded the codec and everything so I don't understand what I've done wrong.

2. I've put the iOS textures in the dumps and replacements folder and yet it doesn't work, I start the game with the programme and it the only thing that's different is the FMV's don't glitch out and this horrible widescreen patch which makes Lara super thin.

How do I get them to work properly?
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 01:09   #342
Famicom

Thanks for your great patch, Peixoto.

I wonder, are you planning on making it compatible with any of the t2gold.exe files that enable Lara's Home level in Golden Mask expansion?

Keep up the great work.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 19:55   #343
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Thanks for your great patch, Peixoto.

I wonder, are you planning on making it compatible with any of the t2gold.exe files that enable Lara's Home level in Golden Mask expansion?

Keep up the great work.
There is already an option to disable widescreen and translucent background which are the only things there are version specific.

I've made the patch with the most reliable exes available. I have no plans to support other versions, except perhaps the steam versions if someone send them to me as a gift or if i just decide to buy them now that the "remasters" are coming
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 22:37   #344
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
There is already an option to disable widescreen and translucent background which are the only things there are version specific.

I've made the patch with the most reliable exes available. I have no plans to support other versions, except perhaps the steam versions if someone send them to me as a gift or if i just decide to buy them now that the "remasters" are coming
I see. What about supporting flac music files and black fog disabling? Those would be icing on the cake.

Thank you for your great work.

Edit: I've been trying your patch together with Arsunt's exe, since there's an option in your patch that says "Disable widescreen and transparent inventory background - For those using Arsunt's exe" I assumed both solutions are kind of compatible. The game boots, FMVs are playing fine but once in the game, there's sound but no picture. Only a black screen, even though you can tell the game's running and responding to your keyboard by the sounds... Any ideas? For me it would be just wonderful to be able to combine your patch with his exe.

Last edited by Famicom; 17-03-18 at 16:13.
Old 20-03-18, 17:59   #345
Peixoto

Quote:
I see. What about supporting flac music files and black fog disabling? Those would be icing on the cake.

Edit: I've been trying your patch together with Arsunt's exe, since there's an option in your patch that says "Disable widescreen and transparent inventory background - For those using Arsunt's exe" I assumed both solutions are kind of compatible. The game boots, FMVs are playing fine but once in the game, there's sound but no picture. Only a black screen, even though you can tell the game's running and responding to your keyboard by the sounds... Any ideas? For me it would be just wonderful to be able to combine your patch with his exe.
Lossless wav music is a possibility, i've already wrote a partial MCI emulator to fix music playback in other games, but one function that TR needs was not implemented yet.

I don't thing that actually fog, but just how polygons are lit. Just disableing it won't help, the draw distance must be increased as well. For now, i'm not thinking about working on this

I never tried arsunt's exe really, but i was told my patch worked with it and received a requested to add an option to disable widescreen and the inventory background. Since arsunt's exe is a work in progress, there is no sense in fixing the compatibility of my patch with it now, just for it to break again latter. Still, i will maintain that option, but remove mention to arsun't exe in the help
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 19:14   #346
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Lossless wav music is a possibility, i've already wrote a partial MCI emulator to fix music playback in other games, but one function that TR needs was not implemented yet.

I don't thing that actually fog, but just how polygons are lit. Just disableing it won't help, the draw distance must be increased as well. For now, i'm not thinking about working on this

I never tried arsunt's exe really, but i was told my patch worked with it and received a requested to add an option to disable widescreen and the inventory background. Since arsunt's exe is a work in progress, there is no sense in fixing the compatibility of my patch with it now, just for it to break again latter. Still, i will maintain that option, but remove mention to arsun't exe in the help
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I guess then there's no way for the moment to have all these at the same time:

LeonDeka's HD FMVs, no black fog (yeah, it's not really fog), FLAC audio support, true proper widescreen, anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing.

That'll have to wait, I guess... Unless I'm missing something.
Anyway your contributions are really much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 21-03-18, 01:14   #347
fishlikelong

I can’t seem to get the FMVs to work either. I just get the audio and no video. I already have the codec installed so not sure what to do next
fishlikelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 11:53   #348
Famicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlikelong View Post
I can’t seem to get the FMVs to work either. I just get the audio and no video. I already have the codec installed so not sure what to do next
Are you forcing anti-aliasing from the adapter's control panel? If so, you need to tick an option on Peixoto's patch so that FMV videos work. Even though it states it's a solution for TR3, I had to tick on it myself so that it worked on TR2.
Old 21-03-18, 21:11   #349
fishlikelong

Not that I'm aware of.... I'll give that option a try

EDIT: It worked! Thanks Famicom

Last edited by fishlikelong; 21-03-18 at 22:31.
fishlikelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 22:49   #350
RaiderJones

Quote:

A FLAC wrapper is already available on page 6 of the same thread for LateRaider's mansion mod for gold. Can't blame you for not finding it though as it was hidden. It works on both the base game and gold.
I also have problems making Arsunt's exe work with this patch. Perhaps the user said it works was actually asking if you, Peixoto, could make it work and you misunderstood or maybe he was jumping to conclusions. I've already tried all uploaded versions of his patch.

Last edited by RaiderJones; 21-03-18 at 22:51.
RaiderJones is offline   Reply With Quote