Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-11-17, 06:20   #41
Zebra

Not a huge fan of Johnny Depp's look. I think it's the combination of the moustache and the white beard. Just makes him look way too old, haha.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 09:46   #42
rewak

Accusations aside, Depp has a total of 2 characters he can play, and we've seen them run into the ground so much that I honestly can't believe he still gets work. We know what type of character we're gonna get when you cast him, there's no surprise or nuance. You know exactly what you're going to see in Grindelwald going forward. It's a shame, if they had cast someone else the character could be really interesting.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 00:27   #43
tiann

Michael Fassbender should have been Grindlewald, although that might be a rehash of Magneto?!? but he would have been 10x hotter, at any rate.
tiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 00:35   #44
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by egypt_gypsie View Post
Out of curiosity, what specifically makes you say he is giving his 'usual crazy character look'? Like, can you outline specific details that you have noticed between characters that constitute calling is a 'usual crazy look'? Physical characteristics, outfits, expressions etc.

Or is it because you base his entire acting career off of Alice in Wonderland and Wonka?

I assure you, his acting skill and range goes far beyond those two performances, and I find it ridiculous to base your entire idea of him off of them. Try watching Finding Neverland or Donnie Brasco, or Black Mass, or the Libertine, or Chocolat, or Secret Window, or From Hell, or Blow, or The Man Who Cried, or Sleepy Hollow, or The Ninth Gate, or Benny and Joon, or Gilbert Grape...well, you get the idea. He is a tremendous actor that is capable of nearly unmatched performances.

I, for one, fully support him as Grindelwald as a massive HP fan.

And as a side note, not that I am going to regale you with the literal novel of reasons to believe this, you can research it yourself if you would like, but he is innocent in regards to the abuse case that Amber Heard made up. I know that might not be a popular idea on here, but there it is. It should have no bearing on his career or his role in this film.
I think you're maybe reading more into this than I am and assuming that I don't like Depp.

I like him in Finding Neverland, Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Orient Express, Nightmare on Elmstreet and the Pirates movies and much more. I just think his outfit looks more stylised and punk rock than the 1920's aesthetic for the rest of the cast which seem based in realism, it looks more like something you'd see him in wearing in one of his Fantasy films or day to day wear. I prefer his outfit in the first film.

As for the abuse case I'm simply saying what I've read on social media in regards to the backlash of the title. I can't judge the film without seeing him in it that would be ridiculous. I'm certainly not a Heard fan I think she wooden as hell although she is very beautiful.

I will say I would have preferred another actor in the role only because there were rumours if Tom Hardy in that part who I think would have been fabulous.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 22-11-17 at 00:56.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 17:26   #45
lizardspock110

OMG

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/06/fant...alflow_twitter
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-17, 17:29   #46
Tonyrobinson

Looks great. I'm hoping we might see some more exclusives tonight from CCXP their instagram page are live at the event for Spoiler Night were WB are showing upcoming films.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 22:38   #47
DragonSlayer

Johnny Depp has been forced to quit Fantastic Beasts 3 after losing his libel trial against The Sun newspaper.

Depp writing on Instagram said that he had been asked to leave his role as villain Gellert Grindelwald which he has agreed to.

Sky News has reported that Depp's role as dark wizard Grindelwald is understood to have been re-cast already

In a court judgement in London earlier this week, Judge Justice Nicol ruled that a report in The Sun newspaper claiming Depp was violent towards his ex-wife Amber Heard was substantially true.

The ruling has thrown the actor's future into doubt, with commentators wondering if any major film studios will be willing to work with him again.

I never liked Depp or thought much of him as an actor.

He was great in Sleepy Hollow but total as Willy Wonka, and his movie The Astronauts Wife is a really bad movie that proves one thing that Depp should never ever dance as he's just can't dance.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 22:57   #48
SnatchingEdges

Yess the Fantastic movies going even further into the void.

Why would anybody cast Depp for such an important role in a long saga knowing his life was falling apart lol

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 06-11-20 at 23:00.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 23:02   #49
Portugalraider

Kind of ridiculous considering all the proof that has been made public from Depp's and Heard's trial (not this libel case) that paint her as the actual abuser not him, if you ask me...

Or maybe it was an all around abusive relationship and both deserve to rot...

Regardless, no wonder WB decided to ditch Depp...

Last edited by Portugalraider; 06-11-20 at 23:05.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 23:19   #50
Vaskito

No!!! I'm so disappointed if this is true
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote