Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-07-18, 16:09   #11
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Surely it costs the same to animate no matter what the art style is?
Oooh, Rai, no. Art style plays a huge part in animation. If you have a super detailed art style, that means more time animators have to draw, which costs more money. It also plays into what style of animation you're going for, but that's an entire rant in of itself.
-----
IMO I like the new style. It's cute!
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 16:18   #12
charmedangelin

Doesn't look anything like the previous iteration. The one on the right looks like a guy with long hair. Why did they remove her breasts? Why did they put shorts under the dress?

The one on the left looks so strong and feirce, she looks like someone who is very important and very powerful. The one on the right looks like someone trying to pretend to be her. Where are her muscles?

This is one reboot that I can see failing like many other reboots have. If you don't respect the source material then it's just not going to work.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 16-07-18 at 16:20.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 16:20   #13
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Doesn't look anything like the previous iteration. The one on the right looks like a guy with long hair. Why did they remove her breasts? Why did they put shorts under the dress? Why is her hair blonde now?

This is one reboot that I can see failing like many other reboots have. If you don't respect the source material then it's just not going to work.
Maybe it stars a younger She-Ra? He-Man had a simillar reboot where the titular character was a younger.
Despite liking the one on the left better, I do think the new design is rather cute. It looks charming.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 16:21   #14
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Maybe it stars a younger She-Ra? He-Man had a simillar reboot where the titular character was a younger.
Despite liking the one on the left better, I do think the new design is rather cute. It looks charming.
Could be, but I wish they wouldn't so many prequels, the market is over saturated with them to be honest.

I would love to see some sequels.
Old 16-07-18, 16:23   #15
Daring Do

Quote:
Doesn't look anything like the previous iteration. The one on the right looks like a guy with long hair. Why did they remove her breasts? Why did they put shorts under the dress?
Probably because she's supposed to be 16-years-old?? Yes, she's even 16 in the picture on the left.

Last edited by Daring Do; 16-07-18 at 16:28.
Old 16-07-18, 16:26   #16
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
Probably because she's supposed to be 16-years-old?? Yes, she's even 16 in the picture on the left.
Really?

Wow, she looks much older in the picture on the left.

Still though, she doesn't really look 16 on the right, she looks more like she is 12-14 or something.
Old 16-07-18, 16:28   #17
Daring Do

Quote:
Really?

Wow, she looks much older in the picture on the left.

Still though, she doesn't really look 16 on the right, she looks more like she is 12-14 or something.
He-man canonically is 16 in the 80s cartoon, he and She-ra are twins, therefore, she is 16-years-old in the 80s cartoon.
Yes, these two are 16.

Needless to say, I'M GLAD THEY CHANGED HER DESIGN. Whether she looks 14 or not, I'm still glad. It's WAY better for her to look 14 than for her to look 25.

Last edited by Daring Do; 16-07-18 at 16:30.
Old 16-07-18, 16:28   #18
Yeauxleaux

Quote:

The one on the left looks so strong and feirce, she looks like someone who is very important and very powerful. The one on the right looks like someone trying to pretend to be her. Where are her muscles?

I'm bored of reboots generally (not a shot at TR, this is general comment). Why are we insisting on making half-baked crap versions of old shows all the time? Have we collectively run out of ideas as a society?

Me looking for artistic creativity in the 2010s

The reaction does seem to be mostly negative too. Of course you have some people who are still being PC and asking disingenuous **** like "why do adults want childrens' characters to be sexy?". As if they can't tell the difference between de-sexualisation, and flat out removing anything a little girl would be able to see as "female" and see herself in. I am glad I'm seeing some women finally speaking up and saying "****, this is offensive, why can't female characters actually look like women anymore?"

This is awful character design. It's not even just that, her outfit looks like trash too. It's like a cheap store-bought rip-off you'd see someone wearing at a fancy dress party.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 16-07-18 at 16:30.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 16:32   #19
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
Wait what? They don't look 16 but much older
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-18, 16:41   #20
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Me looking for artistic creativity in the 2010s

[img]https://s33.postimg.cc/gw915cj5b/Scooby_Doo.gif[/i
Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, OK KO: Let's be Heroes, Craig of the Creek, We Bare Bears, Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman, Regular Show, Wander Over Yonder, Harvey Beaks, Generator Rex, Over the Garden Wall, Motorcity, I could go on tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Wait what? They don't look 16 but much older
That's the problem.

Last edited by Daring Do; 16-07-18 at 16:52.