www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-01-16, 01:25   #21
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Atlantean Stronghold now has music as well. Also, I've managed to fix a rather unpleasant camera bug or potential crash. More details here: Bug described and more importantly, bug fixed.

All 3 levels are in the TR1 & UB folder, under "WORK IN PROGRESS", on my Onedrive. I've decided to also upload the .TUB files, so that Dos version users can have the fixed version of Atlantean Stronghold, even though Dos versions don't support music.

As before, in order for the music to play, you need barracuda415's improved Windows executable and wrapper and music files.

Special thanks to b122251 for his trigger modding tool TRMOD (currently under development, early beta available here.)

Happy playing!

Last edited by Sardoc; 08-01-16 at 01:30.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 14:17   #22
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

This is awesome!

I'd download it if it wasn't the braid mod, I find that stone rope glued to her head highly distracting
Old 08-01-16, 20:01   #23
Alex Fly
Legend

Keep up the great work, Sardoc ! This is amazing.
Old 08-01-16, 22:53   #24
ToMbRaIdErxFtW
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
This is awesome!

I'd download it if it wasn't the braid mod, I find that stone rope glued to her head highly distracting
Just pretend that Lara used a lot of hairspray during TR1
Old 08-01-16, 22:55   #25
Phlip

Whyyy force that solid black stick thing on her head? Even when she's still it looks off and wrong.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 23:08   #26
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Cool! Only just saw this, but I've been wanting to play UB with music. I'll have to get it running on my PC again. Thanks for doing this!
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 00:03   #27
Sardoc
Archaeologist

This is a work-in-progress version, you whiny crybabies. Both the regular version and braided one will get music.

On a more serious note, tho... asking doesn't hurt.

Last edited by Sardoc; 09-01-16 at 00:05.
Old 09-01-16, 00:32   #28
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
This is a work-in-progress version, you whiny crybabies. Both the regular version and braided one will get music.

On a more serious note, tho... asking doesn't hurt.
What do you use to modify lara's model? Whenever I try to put Tomb Raider 2 Lara in the game with TRViewer, the game refuses to play the level due to some directsound error (iirk).
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 03:02   #29
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
What do you use to modify lara's model? Whenever I try to put Tomb Raider 2 Lara in the game with TRViewer, the game refuses to play the level due to some directsound error (iirk).
For the braid mod:

-PixStr 2.2 revision 4 for exporting Lara's chest and head models to files and then putting textures on the new meshes,

-a .dxf <=> .mqo converter, so that the exported mesh doesn't lose all the texture information when imported into Metasequoia,

-Metasequoia to change mesh geometry exported with PixStr,

-Jacked for defining new textures ingame,

-TRTexture for exporting and importing new texture palette after they're defined with Jacked,

-Paint for importing new textures to the .bmp files exported with TRTexture.

A heck of a lot of work, but it's much, much more stable and predictable than TRViewer. Basically unless I specifically do something wrong, like mess up some calculations, there is no way in the world the software will trash the level (which sadly happens a lot with TRViewer, it seems like it has a life of its own).
Old 01-02-16, 23:33   #30
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Finished The Hive, which means the whole mod is now finished.

As promissed, both the braid-mod version (available here) and original, unbraided one have the music and Atlantean Stronghold bugfix. Everything is available on my Onedrive. All files are available both in .PHD format (Windows solution which supports music) and .TUB format (DOS solution, which doesn't support music as of today, BUT at least the Atlantean Stronghold bugfix will work, and that's better than nothing).

As usual, in order to enjoy the music, you need barracuda415's improved Windows executable and wrapper and music files.

Special thanks to b122251 for his trigger modding tool TRMOD (currently under development, early beta available here.)

Without further ado, enjoy! I'm perfectly happy for others to use these modded levels as base for further modding. And please tell me if there are any bugs or anything I had missed.

Also, edited the opening post.

Last edited by Sardoc; 01-02-16 at 23:42.