Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 10-12-17, 19:29   #501
Shakira Croft

Already NG triggers? Incredible!!! Thanks a lot

Suggestion: could it possible, when selecting the cross to move to another tile (alt+y), to be able to click on a tile in another room and move to that sector like in RoomEdit ?
Shakira Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 20:28   #502
Deathly Karma

This is definitely a stupid question, but I've been trying to make a new wad for a level. I've used both wadmerger to create a new wad and the new Wad tool that came with Tomb Editor to make a Wad 2 file. However, there's no .Tom files or .TR4 files. I've made multiple wads with these files before so i don't understand what's going on. I've tried the build level button, I've tried tom2pc, I've tried using a pre existing wad which was the Tomb of Seth one and nothing works. How do I create these files to play my level?
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 20:35   #503
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

Hi
TOM files are not required anymore. Tomb Editor has its own level compiler that outputs directly TR4 files.
You have to load WAD inside the editor, then in Level settings you have to set the path of game directory (the one that contains tomb4.exe) and the path of TR4 file.
Then press the Play button for launch the game
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 21:12   #504
LoreRaider

I was waiting for this, thank you so much!

I'm looking at my imported NG project and most of the stuff works properly! I have till now some problems

Bugs:
-I have a problem with flyby's, even if I select other sequences on Action triggers, editor triggers always the first (for me sequence 1)
-After some texturing changes I can't apply anymore textures on the map, until I reload the prj or close and open again the editor (I saw anyway that this problem is on the first post here), I hope you can fix it

Will see if I find some other bugs loading other prj's
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 22:33   #505
AkyV

Action, FMV, Timerfield, Flipeffect triggers - I can't see any parameters list of these NG triggers.
Only Condition trigger list seems whole.

- Sorry, I don't understand clearly what "not walkable" and "no pathfinding" are.

Last edited by AkyV; 10-12-17 at 22:55.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 22:37   #506
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathly Karma View Post
However, there's no .Tom files or .TR4 files. I've made multiple wads with these files before so i don't understand what's going on.
How did you make WADs with TOM files?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 23:05   #507
SCSI Adapter

Has anyone tried using Tomb Editor with a Wacom tablet? I'm trying to fiddle with the settings to rotate the camera.
SCSI Adapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 23:17   #508
AWESOMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
Paolone has supported Tomb Editor sending me all infos and even partial source code of his DLL. Tomb Editor is not TRNG. It is an editor. In the next update you will find in level settings a new voice for select target game engine. Currently we support vanilla tomb4.exe and TRNG. In the future probably also TREP will be added as target.
What do you mean by game engine? For different TR games??
AWESOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 23:18   #509
Deathly Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
How did you make WADs with TOM files?
I didn't actually mean to say that exactly, I meant normally when I create a wad and then click build and play in the ngle it lets me play and has the .Tom and .Tr4 files and everything works, whilst this doesn't. I'm just trying to play my level but even loading the Tomb of Seth Wad just plays the original level and not mine, even when changing the script. I've set the path already and I'm 99% sure I don't have a .tr4 file for my level even though I've clicked build and play and set it up in the script, it just says missing.

Side Note: Even though I'm having issues, (probably from being an absolute noob ) I love the editor so thanks everyone who made it, it's so much easier to create levels now and less stressful

Last edited by Deathly Karma; 10-12-17 at 23:20.
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 00:43   #510
LeelooBastet

Youppi Thanks !!

(where do you choose emots ?)
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote