Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 08-12-06, 06:14   #1
Tomb of Legends

Lightbulb Will TRA lead the way for TR8?

To me, if it doesnt, CD are SCREWED.

If they are gonna bring in all this nostellga (hard, long orignal gameplay) they cant just take it out for TR8. I've read somewhere that a point was made that all other TR's will follow TRA, I bloody well hope thats the case...

Discuss
Tomb of Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 06:17   #2
TRF

No, i don't think that.
TRA isn't part of the real tr games, its just an EP or something like that.

TR8 is a following of TRL. That what i've read and hear.
TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 06:22   #3
Tomb of Legends

I mean will it use the same features. And thats apparently true, that it will be like TRA
Tomb of Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 06:25   #4
thevman

They did mention in one of the magazine articles that they are refocusing the game on exploring and that all future TR games are going to be more like the AE than like legend. I just don't remember which magazine it was, we got hit with a few updates today!
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 06:27   #5
TRF

Oh, then i, sorry to post a fake 'reply'. I really thought that that was it.....

SORRY
TRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 07:11   #6
thevman

This is from one article...
"Tomb Raider: Anniversary is treated like it’s the next game in the series, but not as a step back."
"Future Tomb Raider games are going to be more like this, than Tomb Raider Legend."

These were from another...
"The levels that emerge are a strange mix of new puzzles and familiar locations, with less combat than in Legend and a return to the exploration focus that the original idea."
"In contrast to last year's game, your path is much less linear, offering players the freedom to explore more freely."

So they are saying exploring is back to being a main focus, there will be multiple paths and solutions, and that future TR's will be modeled more like AE than legend. Now do they mean it or is this more blowing smoke up our butts to get us excited like when they pulled that returning to lara's roots before legend was released??? We have been lied to before let's hope they really noticed our disappointment with legend and are really going to make improvements to make us happy!

Last edited by thevman; 08-12-06 at 07:18.
thevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 09:55   #7
the hooliganz

Quote:
So they are saying exploring is back to being a main focus, there will be multiple paths and solutions, and that future TR's will be modeled more like AE than legend. Now do they mean it or is this more blowing smoke up our butts to get us excited like when they pulled that returning to lara's roots before legend was released??? We have been lied to before let's hope they really noticed our disappointment with legend and are really going to make improvements to make us happy!
the future game will follow TRA, length and more exploring
the hooliganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-06, 12:08   #8
aussie500
Golden

They will be more like the AE game, harder, and longer. True this game probably only took 12 months to develop, which is why we are not getting next gen, but it gives them 2 years to work on Tomb Raider 8 so they should have plenty of time to work out how to make a longer next gen game. Possibly the team that does the Anniversary game will start Tomb Raider 9 before Tomb Raider 8 is finished, in which case they would spend almost 2 years making that one as well.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote