Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 22-10-17, 12:01   #11
Cezar

What does the movie need to satisfy me? To be canonical. Unfortunatly the new movie will be the reboot of the reboot :/
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 15:14   #12
Portugalraider

No offence to you Cezar, but this in not a reboot of the reboot, because they'll be their own things. And honestly, being canon is overrated and in many transmedia stuff it's just limiting. I prefer the movies to be their own thing.

For the movie to satisfy me it just as to be well made entertainment. I mean, good acting, good story/script, good soundtrack, good directing and editing. Doesn't need to be Oscar material, but something that won't make me cringe and not want to rewatch it. Good CGI is a plus, but as long as it doesn't look like absolute garbage I don't really care if it looks cheap. But trailer CGI is always worse than in the final movie (because they still have time to polish it) and for me, besides the weird jumps, it is already passable.

And for what we've seen, my only current concern is story/script. The cast is great, JunkyXL is a hell of a composer and Roar seems to be a really good director. The final script will be what makes or breaks this movie in my opinion.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 20:26   #13
Ellioft

If this movie could be entertaining like the Mummy (not the reboot) movies this will be a great moment. But Roar,Allicia and Walton shares the same love for adventures movies so I think it's the chosen direction.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote