Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 18-06-09, 06:35   #15421
Navid

Quote:
Originally Posted by amore-guy View Post
Navid this Mod is so cool
Thanks! More kinds of Hair coming soon...

@ Monsieur Lovely Green Mod.
Navid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 07:50   #15422
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
The plugins won't help you do that.
All models imported to and exported from Blender using these plugins are stripped of their bones and so they become static, boneless meshes.
But you said before when I asked about exporting posable models from tru in the .mesh format that you've allowed, you said it isn't that simple, and that there was lots of tweaking and changing that had do be done in blender and other 3D programs before they were ready for use. Also, how does XNAaraL do it? If he has different scripts and such to you, can you please give him permission to release them?
carbint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 08:17   #15423
Dusan
XNALara Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbint View Post
But you said before when I asked about exporting posable models from tru in the .mesh format that you've allowed, you said it isn't that simple, and that there was lots of tweaking and changing that had do be done in blender and other 3D programs before they were ready for use. Also, how does XNAaraL do it? If he has different scripts and such to you, can you please give him permission to release them?
The .mesh format exists in two flavors: ASCII (human readable and editable, generated by UnpackTRU) and binary (used by XNALara). These two formats are convertible, I can provide the two conversion programs (MeshAsciiToBin.exe and MeshBinToAscii.exe)...
To modify the meshes manually, you edit the ASCII version of the model in a text editor and then convert the file into the binary format that can be read by XNALara.
When editing the ASCII file you have to be extra careful to maintain the internal consistency of the data so that it can still be used by XNALara. It can be kind of tricky...

Last edited by Dusan; 18-06-09 at 08:19.
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 08:34   #15424
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
The .mesh format exists in two flavors: ASCII (human readable and editable, generated by UnpackTRU) and binary (used by XNALara). These two formats are convertible, I can provide the two conversion programs (MeshAsciiToBin.exe and MeshBinToAscii.exe)...
To modify the meshes manually, you edit the ASCII version of the model in a text editor and then convert the file into the binary format that can be read by XNALara.
When editing the ASCII file you have to be extra careful to maintain the internal consistency of the data so that it can still be used by XNALara. It can be kind of tricky...
Yay, yes please! Hooray! How do we open them in a 3D graphics program though? Thank you! Thanks for this!

Okay, ClankDaxter and others who wanted to change the floor texture of my CliffClimb model, here is a patch: CliffClimbPatch.rar Basically, just extract to XNALara\data, and it will automatically overwrite the ground texture to a nice sandish colour

EDIT: Here are some images that I made too.

And this Amanda one, I'm not entirely sure if I've showed it here or not but ah well if I have

And this one I'm pretty sure I've shown before, but I still love it

Miss Croft, have you seen my cat?

Haha! I didn't mean to post that Amanda image again I'll change it now.

I'm not going to tell you where that bike came from You just have to guess! It's very easy to get, but as soon as someone does, I'll post a download link (Oh and it isn't in my ordinary Downloads folder, so HA! Don't bother evenchecking )

Last edited by carbint; 18-06-09 at 10:25.
Old 18-06-09, 08:40   #15425
Navid

Is that the Dusan Pavlicek, creator of XNALara?
Navid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 08:47   #15426
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navid View Post
*GASP* SIGN MY FACE! SIGN MY FACE!
Old 18-06-09, 08:53   #15427
daventry

Question

I dont see a Cliffclimb.rar or CliffclimbPatch.rar in your Files Carbint.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 09:17   #15428
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
I dont see a Cliffclimb.rar or CliffclimbPatch.rar in your Files Carbint.
Don't you just hate MediaFire? It's ok though, there's an easy way to fix it - just close down the Internet Browser. Not just the tab, or refresh the page or anything like that. You actually have to close it down fully, and then reload
Old 18-06-09, 09:25   #15429
daventry

Smile

Thanks Carbint.

Actually i find the Downloads of Mediafire and MegaUpload the Best Programs ever.

Sendspace is ok, but i Uterly Despise Rapidshare.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 09:29   #15430
Dusan
XNALara Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navid View Post
Haha, yes, that's me
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote