Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-07-09, 06:47   #21
daventry

Smile

Nice Facts and Features Thread, i vote for Sticking this Thread for any Newcomer who wants to know what TRO is.

I like Everything being said about TRO, but i dont like the Fact that its Aimed at a Horror kind of Game like Fear and Silent Hill or Dead Space Heart Attack Games.

The Half Life Series are the Closest to Horror Games for me that i play, even TR1/TR2/TRC Ireland Levels are like the HLS and i Love them to bits.

Last edited by daventry; 13-07-09 at 07:18.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 06:53   #22
Mokono

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscondeR View Post
(...)I hope the monsters will be tied with the plot and won't contradict the feel of TR... They seem too much Silent Hill-ish for me (on those pics)
I hope so too... Actually, all my drama may end if enemies are more tombraiderish rather than sillenthillish.

Quote:
P.S.: Poor horse... *wonders where Lara found this horse survived on that damned island*
She obviously borrowed it from Britney's new video. Well, maybe it's part of the trama that someone's watching over her and makes things easier to find.
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 06:55   #23
Hateshinai

I don't like it at all
Hateshinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:03   #24
dizzydoil
Inactive

So is it fact now, btw?
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:05   #25
Lenne

I love it Great idea, something new finally ! It will be great, I think TR game really needs this inovation and btw. Lara looks great on that pic I know this is only artwork but she looks very good to me
Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:05   #26
The1andOnlyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Good work. Please indicate that this information is "unofficial" at this point. Hopefully we'll get something concrete soon.

Thank you.
Thanks. And I've updated the first post, as requested.

Quote:
We'll see in time
Personally I say, if:
  • we have Lara's attitude and personality back
  • this part won't crap over Lara's past (Classics)
  • we have exploration, thrill, etc (mentioned in numerous threads)
  • the controls are good and there no helpers (of any kind)
it'll be one hell of a game

I hope the monsters will be tied with the plot and won't contradict the feel of TR... They seem too much Silent Hill-ish for me (on those pics)

P.S.: Poor horse... *wonders where Lara found this horse survived on that damned island*
The features you've listed scream Tomb Raider. I wish people would stop being so negative untill we've seen more.
As for the horse, that is a very good question. NINJA HORSE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Nice Facts and Features Thread, i vote for Sticking this Thread for any Newcomer who wants to know what TRO is.

I like Everything being said about TRO, but i dont like the Fact that its Aimed at a Horror kind of Game like Fear and Silent Heart Attack Games.

The Half Life Series are the Closest to Horror Games for me that i play, even TR1/TR2/TRC Ireland Levels are like the HLS and i Love them to bits.
Someone's warmed up to the information quickly. Haha. Nothing is confirmed yet, so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed. Although this all seems highly legit. The only evidence that we have to support the idea of the title being Tomb Raider Origins is the reservation of the web sites. But I rather like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
So is it fact now, btw?
Not quite. It's all speculation but like I said, it seems highly legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenne View Post
I love it Great idea, something new finally ! It will be great, I think TR game really needs this inovation and btw. Lara looks great on that pic I know this is only artwork but she looks very good to me
Welcome aboard the TRIX boat! I'm glad to see more positive reactions.

Last edited by The1andOnlyTR; 13-07-09 at 07:09.
The1andOnlyTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:07   #27
dizzydoil
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Good work. Please indicate that this information is "unofficial" at this point. Hopefully we'll get something concrete soon.

Thank you.
Oh. Daaammnnn. I can't wait to hear something official. I'm sure CD would of said something by now if it wasn't official? I mean - they don't want fans to think they're getting a game better than a one they might of already been making . So it has to be true, no?! I love it!
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:14   #28
The1andOnlyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
Oh. Daaammnnn. I can't wait to hear something official. I'm sure CD would of said something by now if it wasn't official? I mean - they don't want fans to think they're getting a game better than a one they might of already been making . So it has to be true, no?! I love it!
D' you think it's too soon for Monday Goodness??
The1andOnlyTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:26   #29
Drone

great news that we'll get something concrete, so we need just confirmation It's good that game has less to do with Lara and more with surviving, adventures and exploration. Hope no flashbacks from Lara's past or something. It's gotta be a clean cool reboot
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 07:38   #30
EscondeR

^ There hardly can be any flashbacks... From what we can read it's an attempt to create pre-Classics adventure variant/one of pre-Classics adventures. If Crystal don't crap over Classics in other games (after TRO), they'll win - no doubt. If they dare to, I'll think about inventing a new psychological diagnosis and be the first to share gasoline for the fire
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote