Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-04-12, 17:25   #31
_KC_

It's completely unfinished, yeah, but I'm still a little surprised at the amount of hate the game gets.
I actually find exploring the glitches fun, for example, I glitch through the floor in the Serpent Rouge and turn my pistol into an automatic in the void. Totally pointless but still fun.

Not as fun as the classic game engine, but it's more Tomb Raider-y than anything since, and anything we're likely to ever get in the future. IMO.

AOD is an unfinished masterpiece.
_KC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 17:30   #32
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KC_ View Post
It's completely unfinished, yeah, but I'm still a little surprised at the amount of hate the game gets.
I actually find exploring the glitches fun, for example, I glitch through the floor in the Serpent Rouge and turn my pistol into an automatic in the void. Totally pointless but still fun.

Not as fun as the classic game engine, but it's more Tomb Raider-y than anything since, and anything we're likely to ever get in the future. IMO.

AOD is an unfinished masterpiece.
That's a Great way to put it but yes your right Hell i Agree with this!
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 19:06   #33
DarkHawk

We still talking about this?

The game was a fail. You know, the GAME? The one you're supposed to PLAY?

The GAME sucked and thats why we're here.

Personally, I don't like the reboots (L and 2012) but whatever. AOD was a terrible terrible video GAME. Sure it has other nice features like music. But music is not the primary function of a video GAME. The GAME aspect of AOD was wretched.

All AOD has to this day is unused potential. The FIRST game didn't even use the potential it had well enough, how could any sequel do better? To make AOD as good as it was supposed to be you'd have to redo that first game, then worry about the sequel. The story in AOD was choppy and incomprehensible and required INTENSIVE outside study to understand it.

If you want a sequel, make that your life goal. Spend 20 years solely focused on AOD. Learn to code and design. Study the documents CORE left behind to make the sequel, because the only sequel any of us will EVER get, is a fan made one. And it probably wouldn't even be good.

Last edited by DarkHawk; 06-04-12 at 19:07.
DarkHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 19:28   #34
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHawk View Post
We still talking about this?

The game was a fail. You know, the GAME? The one you're supposed to PLAY?

The GAME sucked and thats why we're here.

Personally, I don't like the reboots (L and 2012) but whatever. AOD was a terrible terrible video GAME. Sure it has other nice features like music. But music is not the primary function of a video GAME. The GAME aspect of AOD was wretched.

All AOD has to this day is unused potential. The FIRST game didn't even use the potential it had well enough, how could any sequel do better? To make AOD as good as it was supposed to be you'd have to redo that first game, then worry about the sequel. The story in AOD was choppy and incomprehensible and required INTENSIVE outside study to understand it.

If you want a sequel, make that your life goal. Spend 20 years solely focused on AOD. Learn to code and design. Study the documents CORE left behind to make the sequel, because the only sequel any of us will EVER get, is a fan made one. And it probably wouldn't even be good.
This is what i call a COD lover and an insane Tomb Raider Hater.. How predictable
Old 06-04-12, 19:39   #35
motoleo
Inactive

Think of it like this: They never really had a Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness 2 in the works, and if so, it was only like 2% completion, so technically, there never could have been another game from them, so that kind of makes it okay...

Right?

Last edited by motoleo; 06-04-12 at 21:27.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 21:22   #36
DarkHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
This is what i call a COD lover and an insane Tomb Raider Hater.. How predictable
I'm telling like it is, from an objective point of view.

Whether or not I like AOD was nowhere indicated by my post. For all you know I like AOD very much.

I can tell you like assuming things, because you keep calling me a Tomb Raider hater, when in fact the exact opposite is true

P.S. I don't like COD
Old 06-04-12, 21:39   #37
JsotoTRSaga

aha... Then...
Old 06-04-12, 21:41   #38
Anja

Quote:
I'm telling like it is, from an objective point of view.

Whether or not I like AOD was nowhere indicated by my post. For all you know I like AOD very much.

I can tell you like assuming things, because you keep calling me a Tomb Raider hater, when in fact the exact opposite is true

P.S. I don't like COD
but you said it was a terrible game?
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 21:41   #39
DarkHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
aha... Then...
...yeah...

...good times...

@Anja: It is. Strictly from a gaming standpoint. But that doesn't mean I can't like it does it?

Last edited by DarkHawk; 06-04-12 at 21:43.
Old 06-04-12, 21:51   #40
Anja

Quote:
...yeah...

...good times...

@Anja: It is. Strictly from a gaming standpoint. But that doesn't mean I can't like it does it?
I guess..
..ok
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote