Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 23-05-18, 00:47   #231
TombTitan

Keep regular backups of your files on removable drives/discs that are not connected to either the PC or the Internet, and avoid the cloud for storage. That should prevent the hacking problems you experienced.

HS3 looks good, and I want to play yesterday. I hope it doesn't take another 4 years.
TombTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 16:10   #232
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombTitan View Post
Keep regular backups of your files on removable drives/discs that are not connected to either the PC or the Internet, and avoid the cloud for storage. That should prevent the hacking problems you experienced.

HS3 looks good, and I want to play yesterday. I hope it doesn't take another 4 years.
I wish it will be ready soon, but I really need a lot of time i forsee more than 4 years, but I'd like to be ready in 3.. or 2 and a half
I will try doing backups following technical suggestions from a friend of mine thanks
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 14:40   #233
psiko

Today I celebrate 18 years of level editing
I know some of you weren't even born, but as devoted Tomb Raider fan, I bought the Tomb Raider Chronicles box with the editor inside since the first day it was released in Italy (or so), as a gift to myself, and started the same day to build my own custom games (using since the beginning custom textures, lol) It was exactly November 27th 2000, so exactly 18 years ago today
Here are some screenshots from what I am working on at the moment: they are from my upcoming season 3 of HyperSquare

In the past months I worked on Unity3d too, and the followings are the results:

I imported some of HS season 3 levels info that engine, and I could use complex shaders, image post processing (for instance, the cell shading or outlines on edges detection) and baked shadows and a lot of additional detail This won't get me anywhere, though, because I still need to learn how to code even simple things in Unity So I'll still stick on our old beloved trle for now

Enjoy!
Old 27-11-18, 15:04   #234
steven35175

The texture quality is getting more detailed ! I am wondering where is this place be taken ? And where is the natural area be taken ? Looks like not in Africa. Ah ! The boots of God. Powerful item

I miss the Time flux specimen. Are we going to be able to use it again?

Great job ! Psiko

I am looking forward to enjoy the masterpiece
steven35175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 18:26   #235
Ruu11

That looks crazy! I still don't get the point of your levels, but it's amazing anyways. So weird... I love it

(this one it's my favourite)
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 19:12   #236
TOMBR6

congrats with 18 annyversary from beginning of building your amasing levels. hope, on the 20 annyversary we'll have 3rd season HS. this new screens charmed me, and, as always, looks perfetto!!!
TOMBR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 19:16   #237
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven35175 View Post
The texture quality is getting more detailed ! I am wondering where is this place be taken ? And where is the natural area be taken ? Looks like not in Africa. Ah ! The boots of God. Powerful item

I miss the Time flux specimen. Are we going to be able to use it again?

Great job ! Psiko

I am looking forward to enjoy the masterpiece
Thank you I miss the use of time flux specimen myself How many questions but the answers are all spoiler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
That looks crazy! I still don't get the point of your levels, but it's amazing anyways. So weird... I love it

http://psikobit.com/HSs3/2018-11-27/005.jpg
(this one it's my favourite)
If you like that kind of location, season2 has a long session in jungle/ruins environments, you'd spend at least 4 hours of net gameplay in three different levels they have all smooth and rocky settings, greenery and with ancient ruins, some tribe villages, lakes, waterfalls and such

In Season3 there's room almost for everything, even metaphysical, and it is enigmas focused, something like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
Old 27-11-18, 19:17   #238
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBR6 View Post
congrats with 18 annyversary from beginning of building your amasing levels. hope, on the 20 annyversary we'll have 3rd season HS. this new screens charmed me, and, as always, looks perfetto!!!
Thank you
Old 28-11-18, 02:44   #239
New Dwight
Inactive

As if some others have been as well building for that long.
18 years of bleak gameplay & story.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 06:54   #240
A_De

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
So I'll still stick on our old beloved trle for now
Please, don't do that . The time spent for trle could be more than enough for learning Unity. Once you find out how it works you won't touch the trle ever. The assetstore has many ready for use scripts and templates which can help. And there are many videotutorials for Unity either.
Screenshots are stunning btw
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote