Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 29-03-17, 06:59   #41
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
I really don't understand this thinking. It is almost impossible to be spoiled for a two hour movie by a 2 minute trailer.
He's clearly going to win against the Vulture and the formula is likely to follow the previous films (including Spidey unmasked in the presence of the main villain. The fact that Tony takes away his suit could have been a surprise for the film that raises the tension.

So, here's what I can gather about the plot - from the trailer alone:

-Starts after the events of Civil War.
-Vulture gathers a gang.
-First confrontation between Spider-Man and Vulture.
-Stark warns Peter to stay away from Vulture, there are others who can take care of him.
-Peter disobeys Stark and confronts Vulture's gang aboard a boat. Vulture slices the boat in two. Stark is forced to intervene.
-Stark confiscates the Suit.
-Peter knows he has to confront the Vulture again, he digs out his old suit.
-Final showdown, during which Peter is unmasked.
-Peter wins, Stark arrives and decides to give the Suit back.

Just my guess, and all this from the two trailers we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Looking forward to this. I dunno why the hell they're bringing other Marvel characters into this, though. That just messes the whole universe up, lol.
They're bringing Doctor Strange into Thor: Ragnarok too. In the context of this film, it makes sense to have Stark because he brought Spider-Man into the Avengers and gave him the Suit. He and Happy, as far as I can tell, are the only two 'outside' characters in the film.

Last edited by ggctuk; 29-03-17 at 07:02.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 07:33   #42
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Looking forward to this. I dunno why the hell they're bringing other Marvel characters into this, though. That just messes the whole universe up, lol.
They can't seem to be left alone anymore. Franchising, capitalizing on other characters to lure in bigger audiences, cash cow syndrome all around.

I still find that line, "I will kill everyone you love" to be a writing sin.

Ooooh! I'm sooooo scared!!!!
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 08:03   #43
Avalon SARL

This needs to flop, so they stop rebooting.

I am so much through and bored with all the marvel/ super hero/ blatant and mundane stories of these super heroes
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 08:04   #44
Ceamonks890

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
They can't seem to be left alone anymore. Franchising, capitalizing on other characters to lure in bigger audiences, cash cow syndrome all around.

I still find that line, "I will kill everyone you love" to be a writing sin.

Ooooh! I'm sooooo scared!!!!
This is basically my problem with a lot of franchise films these days. No newly-introduced characters seem to be allowed to stand on their own, without an even bigger money-maker character coming in to appeal to fans of said character whom wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

And its frankly ridiculous that Iron Man has to come in and steal the spotlight, when Spider-Man has proven time and time again, that he works better alone as evidenced by the highly-successful Sam Raimi films, which were made long before the MCU was even thought of.

So keep crossovers with other IPs to the Avengers/Justice League/whatever big major event they have planned set of movies and allow the solo outings to be actually about the character whose name is in the title of the freaking movie!

Doesn't really help that I've become incredibly sick of Iron Man at this point and would prefer to see much less of his presence in these movies as possible -__-
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 08:16   #45
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
This needs to flop, so they stop rebooting.
If only that would work. They considered the last SM film a flop

and then they rebooted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
And its frankly ridiculous that Iron Man has to come in and steal the spotlight, when Spider-Man has proven time and time again, that he works better alone as evidenced by the highly-successful Sam Raimi films, which were made long before the MCU was even thought of.
That can't really be tested as there wasn't a crossover SM Raimi film to compare. And this was before the Avengers/Justice League/Suicide Squad kind of ensemble superhero scenarios, where every character including Stan Lee is getting a spin-off.

And considering it's a third reboot of the live-action take, I think they know people are tired of them rebooting the storyline so many times, so they are playing it safe by having a popular character help bring in extra money.

It's going to be like The Simpsons from now on, where the only way to lure in more viewers is to have a random celebrity lending their voice every week.

Third Spider-Man Reboot: The Sequel ft.
every Avenger ever assembled because why the hell not.
Old 29-03-17, 08:56   #46
Mani_Man

I really liked the Trailer and im sure i will enjoy the movie like every Spider-Man movie(I even like Spider-Man 3)...but it just feels like we have seen this over and over again.

Unexperienced Peter parker who becomes a hero at the end, fights a super villian who got a tech upgrade, the T pose scene, peter being in school, motivation speeches of aunt may etc.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-17, 11:20   #47
robm_2007

What I think is really funny is how Aunt May keeps de-aging. First she was like 70-75 (actress was about 75), then looked about 60-65 (Sally Field was about 66), then looks about early-mid 40s (Marisa Tomei is 52). Great Grandma May>Grandma May>Aunt May.

Next she'll be going to highschool with Peter. Cousin May, yaaaaay
Old 30-06-17, 14:38   #48
daventry

Smile

So whose seen it and how is it.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-17, 19:06   #49
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
So whose seen it and how is it.
It's not out until next week. I'll be seeing it on Wednesday.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote