Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 20-11-16, 21:58   #301
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
To answer your question: I'm not too a big fan of an upgradable weapon system - it usually just distracts me.
Well I think it is the best way of giving some real meaning to collectable hunting. As a tomb raider is all about finding treasures it would only make sense if those treasures give you some real upgrades or bonuses. In Uncharted for instance finding treasures is pretty pointless, and that I think is a big mistake of that game...

As for the RPG things, what I had in mind for this LC game is far less RPG-ism than there is in ME3
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-16, 10:43   #302
ANoDE
Golden

I think a good mixture of both would be fine. It's hardly ever the case, that ancient egyptians buried submachine gun parts with their dead. I know I said, that realism is overrated, but there's a fine line between being not realistic and being outright illogical.

On that note, I liked the 'in-game' shop in Rise, where you could trade in your treasures for upgrades with a NPC.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-16, 22:38   #303
NoahCrofRaider

Oh my word, even Nathan McCree is in on this idea?! I'd so love for him to compose music for the next Lara Croft game, especially if it's something like what you've described.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-16, 23:03   #304
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Oh my word, even Nathan McCree is in on this idea?! I'd so love for him to compose music for the next Lara Croft game, especially if it's something like what you've described.
He started to talk to me about how he felt that the current TR's had changed too much. I immediately pulled out a print out of this topic, explained a few things, and a few seconds later his name was underneath the list

Last edited by Nigel Cassidy; 29-11-16 at 23:12.
Old 06-12-16, 02:48   #305
remyma

Oh, Nigel , sign me up, and please list the sexual favours you'd like me to perform for you and I'd be happy to. I am now at your command. You really have got the best ideas!! <3
remyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 04:12   #306
GabrielCroft

You can totally sign me up. I love this.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 18:14   #307
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyma View Post
Oh, Nigel , sign me up, and please list the sexual favours you'd like me to perform for you and I'd be happy to. I am now at your command. You really have got the best ideas!! <3
I am flattered, but I'm afraid my lady might hit me on the head with a big club if I took your offer Anyway, thanks I'll add you to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
You can totally sign me up. I love this.
You already are, my dear fellow You were the 13th person to join the Legion in fact
Old 08-12-16, 14:31   #308
Sir Launcelot

I've been thinking a bit about this concept, and I am going to say that I think it should include an editor, so that fans can mod their own levels. If things are kept fairly simple, i.e. just weapon pickups instead of an upgrade system and so on, I think it would be doable.

A level script could be used to control/trigger events, and while setting up puzzles might be a bit difficult, if there is a standard toolkit of the way Lara interacts with objects in the world, there is no reason this can't be done either. Sliding blocks or rolling balls to set locations, pushing pole A so its end is socketed to hole B, stuff like that. And a key system to open doors would be very easy to implement, and the player would have a fun time hunting down the keys, as in days of old. Treasures could also be placed and the script could track these for display in the final score.

The fact of the matter is, I am bored with TR now, and the reason is, I have played all of the games (at least the ones I want to) and there is nothing else to do, except run through them again, over and over. You can only do that so many times. A new game with the ability to build levels would keep me interested, even if it is not a "bigtime" game like the main reboot series.

So if any of you Crystal Dynamics people are listening, please heed these words, and think about it. NONE of your games, from 2006 on, have included a way to make new levels. Maybe you made a design decision at some point that would make this very hard to implement in your main games, but in a simple LC game it could be done. And then you would have people building levels and uploading them to Steam, and an increase in game content never hurt anybody's bottom line.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 12:50   #309
SRE Croft

About Lara: For the future games in TR ( Not only just in this trilogy ) I'd like to see Lara Croft as REAL Lara Croft. By this, I mean the Lara we knew in the beginning of the series. That was the real and golden Lara. She had adventure spirits, awesome sense of humor and much more elegant and determined for her goals. I want that Lara back. Voice of Lara I personally prefer Jonnell Elliot for Lara's voice. It suits her the best. But Keeley Hawes will also the work if she stops the parental storyline in game and continue her adventure spirits. Lara needs a clean and fresh dress with less blood. Well, bleeding is natural when hurt but it's a game so being so super realistic is not so required in my opinion.
Point to be noted: Lara With LESS HAIR in front! ( I just hella feel awkward with those front hairs )

About gameplay: I want the game to be in fluent animation but with less combat animation. I know when doing a serious job combat is necessary but have to kill 100 at one time is bothering and makes it not feel like Tomb Raider we knew. Make less combat, more adventure, different kind of Tomb exploration with main priority than optional and of course get out of that survival element in the game. Come on, It's a game about raiding Tombs not surviving. Even game fluency needs to be controlled. I want the game to be controlled by me not by game. Well, in newer TR games almost most of the things are auto simulated like. The good preference would be L/A animations. CD can add some more interesting animations to this to make it awesome. And please take away that bow and arrow from Lara croft. That makes her even less Lara Crofty and Tomb Raider. Bring back her duals with her usual outfit. About locations, It needs to be interesting with colorful locations to explore. Grey, white and dark makes me feel older and boring. I prefer Jungle, Egypt and cities for the location more.

About Storyline: Just want the parental issue to be gone for forever. More Tomb Raiderish adventure like story with interesting turning points that'll force me play it more than once. Other than that I have nothing to say about it.

Above all, I support the request and hope CD to make a game like this in future.
SRE Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 14:02   #310
lizardspock110

^sabrinaaaa

About the parental drama - there is none in Guardian of light, temple of osiris, frozen omen, Lara croft go, and blade of gwynnever so thank God for that
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote