www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 16-12-11, 03:07   #17981
Fallen.Angel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
I saw the ending for XIII before I even owned the game, and it didn't ruin the game for me. Gameplay is more important.

I don't think that's even the true ending anyway, well I hope not atleast. :/
Same here, or in this care same except in regards to XIII-2. Especially considering I was never too fond of the story (having to find Lightning), why not spoil it for myself? What difference does it make? I'm so impressed with the gameplay so I know I'm going to buy it day one.. and I'm wayy stoked.

Honestly, how does one person spoiling it for herself offend somebody? I am definitely being considerate for those who do not want to get spoiled.

And unfortunately it is the true ending. The other endings are paradox endings. If time traveling is still involved in FF XIII-3, I predict you will get the chance to reverse these events. IDK, at least I hope so. I want a happy ending. Leaving it as a trilogy would be perfect.
Old 16-12-11, 03:19   #17982
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

Serah & Noel really screwed up eh?

I'm convinced Caius is actually the good guy. I remember Square saying we shouldn't be quick to judge who is good/bad (Lightning and Caius) In the opening he foresees Cocoon crashing into Pulse then it shows the castle in Valhalla in his vision, then he decides to go battle with Lightning. Maybe Lightning is responsible for the outcome at the end?

I really don't know, this is actually the most confusing FF.

Last edited by Hyper_Crazy; 16-12-11 at 03:20.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 03:22   #17983
trlestew
Tomb Raider

Why does Serah fall dead out of the blue? Or why does Cocoon fall to the ground? Or why does Valhalla get engulfed in ash? And why is Lightning petrified in stone?

I'm completely lost, and I think I have to wait until the NA release to actually grasp what the heck is going on.
Old 16-12-11, 03:57   #17984
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

I'm pretty sure that's a paradox ending. Everything was flowers and sunshine then it all turns to crap. If the person managed to finish it in one day they must have rushed through it not completing the Historia Crux or something.
Anyway, I've read that Caius warns Serah and Noel about Etro and the ending shows Valhalla and Chaos consuming Pulse, so possibly Etro is evil?

I really don't know. I just want more people to complete this game so I know what actually happens.

Last edited by Hyper_Crazy; 16-12-11 at 04:04.
Old 16-12-11, 04:07   #17985
trlestew
Tomb Raider

According to the FF Wikia, which from what I've heard is amazingly accurate, that ending is the real one.
Old 16-12-11, 04:10   #17986
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

I've always found it accurate.
I looked on there earlier and it was under 'True Ending, but now it's under 'A Possible Ending', and on the list of multilple endings page it says it's the bad ending.
We will know in time.
Old 16-12-11, 04:10   #17987
CiaKonwerski

Cannot wait until Jan. 31st. Definitely a first day buy. I have recently been replaying XIII, and I just love the characters. Cannot wait to see what happens. I read some of the highlighted text, but eh...not really spoiled by anything.
CiaKonwerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 04:24   #17988
Fallen.Angel
Professor

Alright, well I did find this.. here is a possible good explanation on why it may not be the true ending after all. (So Hyper may be right? at least I hope so) This was taken from somebody at NeoGaf, so full credit to them.
It plays the credits at the end of the scene, and the player unlocked the "saw a conclusion to the story" gold trophy. However, he could go back in time and reverse time (and get additional Time Fragments--how you get these is by doing sidequests to clear up time paradoxes in each era) to presumably get another ending since it took him back to the Historia Crux screen. He still had a bunch of nodes that were locked off from him as well.

However, I guess it could go either way. I mean.. all of the CGI, and the "to be continued?" Unless every possible ending feature those, then whew.

Yepp it's definitely best to wait and see what others get.

Last edited by Fallen.Angel; 16-12-11 at 04:25.
Fallen.Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-11, 04:30   #17989
Hyper_Crazy
Tomb Raider

Random info: Gapra Whitewood plays in one of the locations and Blinded By Light and Knight of the Goddess are battle themes

This was that guys stats. I don't know if this is an accurate translation though.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6386/f32o.jpg

Last edited by Hyper_Crazy; 16-12-11 at 11:00.
Old 16-12-11, 07:37   #17990
ultima espio
Relic Hunter

Noo stop
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote