Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-10-14, 07:05   #31
herogreen18

*Bump* So, I'm going to try and get these games, (1 and 2 that is) I hear it's like RE, but with Dinosaurs. So I know I will like it And I hear nothing but good things about the series, although it seems the third one wasn't so great I hear, plus I checked it out, does not look to good to me, so I'll pass on 3 I think. The first 2 look like great fun though
herogreen18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-14, 07:21   #32
sackboy123

The First two are really great games you should definitely try them out
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 04:11   #33
ri_oh
Inactive

Cool piece of concept fan art: http://www.game-art-hq.com/83256/cap...ith-his-ideas/
ri_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 06:13   #34
voltz

oh dear.

Our resident dino expert is gonna complain about the spinosaurus being inaccurate again.
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 10:34   #35
Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltz View Post
oh dear.

Our resident dino expert is gonna complain about the spinosaurus being inaccurate again.
It was, but the T.rex and raptors were even worse. Alligator hide on a tyrannosaur is completely stupid, and the raptors are half-assed. But the graphics from that picture were taken from Primal Carnage, which is also a game of obsequious Jurassic Park homage, and probably the unspoken successor to this franchise.

Anyway, I was never a big fan of the Dino Crisis series, since its story and vision of dinosaurs were too obviously a rip-off of Jurassic Park and Aliens, but far dumber than either. It had much less interest in the nature or reality of its subject. This was also the case in the manner in which the TR games portrayed dinosaurs, but as they weren't the primary focus, this hardly mattered.

Since Dino Crisis is completely independent of the JP franchise, the developers have the opportunity to re-explore their subject with a more unique and subtle treatment. Capcom could actually do the research this time, show their work, avoid stock dinosaurs in favor of introducing some new ones (there are more than enough to chose from) and make a much richer gaming experience for it. If, say, the plot involved time travel back to a specific period of the Mesozoic or two, they could research the hell out of that time and location and make a true survival-horror experience rather than a generic "lost world" type place as they did in the second game.

I have absolutely no confidence that they will, however, and that's a shame.

Last edited by Tyrannosaurus; 04-02-15 at 10:36.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 10:36   #36
voltz

and right as I predicted.

hehehaarrr!!
voltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 12:22   #37
Chamayoo

Is it alright to dig up a 4 years old thread ? I think it's better than to create a new one again ?
I'm inclined to buy Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on PC. However is someone can confirm if these games work well enough on W10 ?

Last edited by Chamayoo; 06-11-19 at 17:11.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 15:26   #38
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Is it alright to dig up a 4 years old thread ? I think it's better than to create a new one again ?
I'm inclined to buy Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on PC. However is someone can confirm if these games works well enough on W10 ?
this site saved me countless times:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dino_Crisis
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dino_Crisis_2
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 17:10   #39
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Thanks this site seems to be really useful indeed ! I guess DC1 works enough on PC, seems to be more complicated for DC2 unfortunately.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 19:16   #40
VictorXD

I'd recommend using an emulator thought, graphics looks much nicer. Dino Crisis suffers the same stuttering mess that RE3 does on PC, it's really distracting. Also, it allows foe controller vibration
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote