Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-09-08, 06:35   #1
Alister's_Brain

Default Where do you work at?

I've always wondered what all the tomb raider fans do for a living. post your job(s) or past job(s) in the thread or post what job(s) you would like to do.

Anyway... I work at Gamestop, and let me say that its not all fun like you guys think. but it's one of the easiest jobs to do.

[IMG]http://i37.************/2a8kto5.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry for the "whats up" shot.

AND yes, thats a huge poster of SSBB, the box, devil may cry 4, assassin's creed, and soulcaliber. I have way more poster's and my dedicated tomb raider wall on the other side but I have to show proof that I work at Gamestop. After work I gather all the unwanted posters.

Lets just say that when Underworld is released I WILL have the posters on my wall.

so where do you guys work at?
Alister's_Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 06:54   #2
calico25

I work for the FOX television network. I get paid to watch TV basically...mainly sports but I do get to see all the programming a day before the rest of the world...yay me.

Before that I worked as a TAKS scorer (standard testing for high school students in Texas) and I fear for the future of the world after what I had to score. Before that I worked for a local news affiliate in Austin, Texas before I was let go after 6 months.

Last edited by calico25; 02-09-08 at 07:50.
calico25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 06:58   #3
Voni

At the moment I'm answering the phones at my grandad and uncle's construction company, but when I head back to uni I'll be taking on a notetaking job with disabled students, taking notes in lectures and typing out essays and that for them. The dude I've been paired with is doing youth work, should be interesting!
Voni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 06:58   #4
Alister's_Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico25 View Post
I work for the FOX television network. I get paid to watch TV basically...mainly sports but I do get to see all the programming a day before the rest of the world...yay me.
O_O Awesome.
Alister's_Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:00   #5
jamieoliver22
Technical Cheese

I am still a Student, but hopefully I should be starting a part-time job at my college helping as a network admin - we are having a new MS Sharepoint system apparently, and I have to help build it from scratch.
jamieoliver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:12   #6
ivannnnn

Don't work yet. Hopefully work in Japan lol hehe!! As a mangaka!
ivannnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:13   #7
calico25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister's_Brain View Post
O_O Awesome.
it can be the best job in the world when it is not during a busy season. Here in the US, we are entering the VERY busy season. College football and NFL football are all starting up which means working overtime and having to manage 100 shows at once instead of 30...not to mention MLB baseball is in the playoff race. It can be stressful...and that is just the sports. Add on normal network programming and it is a load...and the brass have no problem overworking us and giving us crap ass schedules. You all would be surprised at how much behind the scenes work goes on to put your favorite programs on the air. If you had a behind the scenes look, you would never watch television the same way.

Last edited by calico25; 02-09-08 at 07:26.
calico25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:16   #8
patriots88888

I work at home as a freelance Web Designer. I have to answer only to my clients and customers (and myself) and I love it that way. You could say that my clientelle are the bosses in my job. What they want and expect is what I do my best to deliver and accomplish.
patriots88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:18   #9
Immortalis08

Wow I wish I had your jobs you guys! I currently work in the Chicago Public Library as a Library Page. I reshelve books, dvds, audiobooks, cds, young adult and adult fiction along with periodicals. Sounds boring but its very busy! I have no time to rest!

My past job i went to block parties and festivals to set up some jumping moonbouncing things for kids. Setup, went to the team van and made easy money! well just on my lazy days.

Last edited by Immortalis08; 02-09-08 at 07:20.
Immortalis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 07:28   #10
thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico25 View Post
it can be the best job in the world when it is not during a busy season. Here in the US, we are entering the VERY busy season. College football and NFL football are all starting up which means working overtime and having to manage 100 shows at once instead of 30...not to mention MLB baseball is in the playoff race. It can be stressful...and that is just the sports. Add on normal network programming and it is a load...and the brass have no problem overworking us and giving us crap ass schedules. You all would be surprised at how much behind the scenes work goes on to put your favorite programs on the air. If you had a behind the scenes look, you would never watch television the same way.
what do you do there?
thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote