Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-05-18, 20:44   #16171
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I hope that if we do end up getting an Aya/Amunet sequel, then it won't be centered around . I just don't see the point of a game that focuses on such a key moment that you already know happened in her lifetime. There would be no suspense about it whatsoever.
On the contrary I would like that to be a promenant element in the game; Really Cleopatra turning sides on Aya and Bayek actually really suprised and annoyed me I liked how Amunet warned her off at the end of Origins and I think it would be nice to take the bitch out if she continues to get in the way I don't want this to be the only element of the game though. Perhaps just the opening - things like this can be all about how you get where you're going despite knowing the destination.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 21:41   #16172
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I seem to remember there was an assassin in ancient Persia, which would predate Ptolemaic Egypt; one of the statues in Ezio's cellar.
I'm guessing they were never part of the Assassin brotherhood (because it literally didn't exist at the time), but they are still revered in the creed because of their acts.

By definition, they are assassins for murdering political figures, right? That could explain why they have statues in their honor.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-18, 23:09   #16173
redfox45

Quote:
I'm guessing they were never part of the Assassin brotherhood (because it literally didn't exist at the time), but they are still revered in the creed because of their acts.

By definition, they are assassins for murdering political figures, right? That could explain why they have statues in their honor.
Well Mario claimed his great grandfather built it to honor the assassin order and protect it's secrets. I'm gonna go with minor retcon and that this little detail slipped their minds too far into the dev process.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 12:28   #16174
tomee

Let's be real, a LOT of minor details slipped their minds in this series so far. Ubisoft didn't plan many things ahead and I think they didn't expect the series to blow up as much as it did.

I lowkey wouldn't mind a soft reboot of the series, maybe going back to an earlier Abstergo hostage, someone even before Subject 16 and just experience his/her ancestors while conveniently forgetting everything about the first civilisation side. (I always hated that subplot)
Old 23-05-18, 12:44   #16175
Mani_Man

Quote:
Let's be real, a LOT of minor details slipped their minds in this series so far. Ubisoft didn't plan many things ahead and I think they didn't expect the series to blow up as much as it did.

I lowkey wouldn't mind a soft reboot of the series, maybe going back to an earlier Abstergo hostage, someone even before Subject 16 and just experience his/her ancestors while conveniently forgetting everything about the first civilisation side. (I always hated that subplot)
Yeah it feels like they kept going after AC1 and made stuff up without having a real plan.
Oh i would love this series to get a reboot, they even could do this somehow story related i think...i dont know, i have lost track of it all down the line. XD
That way we could also go back to the already seen locations and times, start from scratch.

I did like the idea of the "subplot" in the first 3 AC games, but then it just lost me.

Anyway...
I found this in a forum, talking about a 4chan post concerning the next AC game.
Take this with a huge grain of salt, there are often 4chan leaks and rumors about possible games etc.
A small percentage of those 4chan posts turn out one way or another to be true, but you never know.
I just stumbled across this in one of the forums im active so i cant tell how much truth is to this persons post and so on.
Just thought i share this, maybe there is something to go with or so.

Assassins Creed Odyssey

- Takes Place in Greece during Flavian Dynasty
- 2 Playable characters, but can only play one per play through. Character's have intersecting but different stories, different forms of Eagle Vision, different skills, etc.
- Naval has a massive return, see below
- Unity style customization with massive improvements
- Return of Social Stealth
- Return of Brotherhood System
- Return of Renovation System
- Crafting is massively upgraded
- Fight mythical beasts and legendary ship battles
- Return of smoke bombs
- Return of Weapon Wheels
- Mix between parkour and origins style tombs
- Coming Holiday 2018
- Map involves Achaea, Macedonia, Epirus, Thrace, The Aegean and Ionian Sea, and Asia. Much like how Unity had districts split in 3 sections, each Roman State is divided into several regions. The map (sorry about poor quality) shows the region of Attica (Athens) from the Roman State of Achaea.

Target system works similarly to Ghost Recon Wildlands, meaning not all targets need to be taken out before taking out the main bad guy. Only 3/6 "states" need to be liberated. The characters will often have different targets, except the state leader, which are major points of intersection.

- Templars/Roman Clients are using an apple to oppress people for Vespasian and his "propaganda machine"
- Naval has a huge amount of customization. All upgrades to your ship are done in game only but more cosmetics are available including flags, sails, paint, crew customization, emblem customization, and "shanties". Some options such as crew outfits, emblems, flags, sails, and shanties will be available in the store.
- On top of this a fleet system will be implemented, where the player can give commands to AI ships that can be ordered to sail with you. Some missions and optional battles will be fleet based rather than single ship on ship, and you have the option to upgrade your fleet ships for resources and money as well.
- On top of emblem customization, the player can choose from some color pallets for the robes and change torso, arms, boots, and belt. These changes are merely cosmetic.
- Players can blend with crowds, individuals, mounts, static objects. Most of these have special animations like you might have seen in Discovery Tour. Some civilian boats can also be blended with. A disguise system is also present, similar to Unity.
- Players can recruit crew mates, buy crew mates, buy other factions, or recruit brotherhood members. Most brotherhood members will appear on your ship or in your hideout. Some members are recruited through special missions while most are random encounters while liberating regions and states.
- Once regions have been liberated some shops can be renovated and landmarks purchased. This will obviously generate income, which is useful as upgrades become expensive for your fleet, brotherhood, and crew.
- Crafting returns to upgrade health, physical stealth, damage from range and melee, ammo quantities, and weapons. All upgrades take materials and some money. Weapons can be upgraded at any time by a blacksmith and can be brought up in rarity along with having different elemental stats tacked on, including sleep, bleed, health drain, poison, flames, frost, and shock. Bombs can be constructed again as well, allowing for creation of distraction bombs, stun bombs, and lethal bombs. Most consumables can be crafted as well, including throwing knives, berserk darts, sleep darts, and arrows.
- To allow quick changes in tactics, weapon wheels return.
- Replayable missions are coming back, as is an option to reset locations. As a result, NG+ is not returning, especially since players cannot carry over anything between characters.
- Modern day gameplay exists, but isn't too much more than Origins.
- Made by Montreal team 1 (Unity team)
- Aya/Bayek have similar role in story like Altair did in AC2
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 14:14   #16176
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
- Made by Montreal team 1 (Unity team)
*stares loudly*
Quote:
- Aya/Bayek have similar role in story like Altair did in AC2
But Altair didn't have any role in AC2 besides lending his armor to the player if all the seals were collected. Did they perhaps refer to ACR which showed us several key events in Altair's life that happened AFTER AC1?
Old 23-05-18, 16:02   #16177
redfox45

Quote:

But Altair didn't have any role in AC2 besides lending his armor to the player if all the seals were collected. Did they perhaps refer to ACR which showed us several key events in Altair's life that happened AFTER AC1?
There was also the flashback halfway through with Maria and he also imparted wisdom to Ezio throughout the game if you were someone who read the Codex pages as you collected them.
Old 24-05-18, 19:24   #16178
Yeauxleaux

Diżappuntat

I picked up a cheap copy of the remastered Assassin's Creed Rogue, because I loved that game on PS3, and the platforming is still ****ing awful. This is one of the clumsiest ACs I've played and tbh I don't remember it being this bad, I could swear it's worse on this version. Shay randomly jumps all over the place instead of jumping where you want him too, he doesn't climb into the stealth hiding spots when you want him too, then he does latch onto platforming objects when you don't want him to. It's making me want to tear my hair out.

This seriously needs patching. It's not acceptable for a game coming out now.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 24-05-18 at 19:26.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-18, 21:06   #16179
jajay119

That pretty much sums up the experience I had with Rogue on the PS3: didn’t play more then an hour and a half of it I thought it was terrible. IMO all the games based on the AC3 version of the engine, which was made to improve the series, were really poor in how they worked.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-18, 00:13   #16180
redfox45

If they had actually bothered to tidy up the horrendous freerun/climbing I feel they would have been okay. And you know it was possible because the tree-running in AC3 was actually pretty decent, great flow, rarely went anywhere you didn't want to, it felt really awesome to but as soon as you hit an urban area you'd stick to unwanted walls, try to shimmy round a building and wind up hurling yourself in a random direction, try to hoist onto a rooftop and get stuck or get caught in an annoying animation loop.

Too sensitive, too keen to fly up or onto anything in arms reach. Surely it can't have been such a horrendous chore to get a small team to go back into that engine and dial down the climb detection and sort out a few bugs. But not cost effective I guess, "looks prettier" is a better selling point than "it's not quite as much of a nightmare to play anymore"

That said if that had been one of the selling points of Roguie Remastered i'd have bought it in a heartbeat.