Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-04-18, 12:23   #21
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
15 hours or so in and... CrystalD could learn something from Santa Monica in how to treat your fan base! Can't say much cuz spoilers of course but I recommend everyone that don't like the new direction to keep going.
Why do people always compare Crystal to almost every developer out there?
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 12:29   #22
jackali
Golden

Because this is a TR forum, and they're the current TR developers.

It's natural for people to compare the developers of this franchise with those of other popular and successful games/franchises.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 12:37   #23
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Because this is a TR forum, and they're the current TR developers.

It's natural for people to compare the developers of this franchise with those of other popular and successful games/franchises.
I don't really see this with other fanbases. Interesting.
Old 21-04-18, 13:41   #24
jackali
Golden

I've seen plenty of other fanbases comparing their beloved franchises. It's really very common.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 13:47   #25
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
I've seen plenty of other fanbases comparing their beloved franchises. It's really very common.
I think the comparison is specifically made because the new God Of War is sort of a reboot.
Old 21-04-18, 14:20   #26
Ellioft

I'm afraid peoples try to compare GOW with Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the game will be released.

I have not playing it now but I think the video of Cory Barlog in tears was a little to much.

I'm wondering if we didn't pull a lot of medias too high these days calling them a classic without thinking if they are that important or revolutionary.

Last edited by Ellioft; 21-04-18 at 14:27.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 17:00   #27
HD Simplicityy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I'm afraid peoples try to compare GOW with Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the game will be released.

I have not playing it now but I think the video of Cory Barlog in tears was a little to much.

I'm wondering if we didn't pull a lot of medias too high these days calling them a classic without thinking if they are that important or revolutionary.
Uhh how was his video too much? It's easily apparent he worked hard for those five years to deliver an experience he thought would be great. Guaranteed other developers with a sense of emotion and reflection would have their own kind of reaction. Working that long on a big release can take ton of energy and driving passion. It's a great moment.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 17:12   #28
lararoxs
Golden

I haven’t played any of the God of War games but I’m actually really tempted with this one.
lararoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 17:51   #29
BluenoseGames

This truly is a masterpiece, I've never been this engrossed by a game before.
BluenoseGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-18, 17:53   #30
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I think the comparison is specifically made because the new God Of War is sort of a reboot.
Is it? I heard people say this all the time, but how is it a reboot?
It takes place after 3, mentions the past games and all that?
How is it a reboot when it doesnt erase anything of the past games?

If anything its a soft reboot and then the comparison doesnt work either because people compare it to a "hard" reboot.

Either way its weird to compare GOW 4 with the TR reboots because of many reasons, one is that with GOW they didnt wanted to do a complete new take while they wanted to do this with TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
Uhh how was his video too much? It's easily apparent he worked hard for those five years to deliver an experience he thought would be great. Guaranteed other developers with a sense of emotion and reflection would have their own kind of reaction. Working that long on a big release can take ton of energy and driving passion. It's a great moment.
Yeah i liked the video because it shows that behind greedy companies etc there are actually artists who put a lot of themself into those games.
I always feel quite angry when i for example see people here bash the hard work of those who work on the TR reboot Games just because of their own bitterness of the games not being what they expect in their own heads to be.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote