www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation Level Editor

Old 11-11-17, 22:08   #12171
sampiza
Student

I put a celling trapdoor in a room and it was working fine but after putting a trapdoor2 this celling trapdoor started to crash my level.Is this a bug??
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-17, 22:32   #12172
Joey79100
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Yes. I tried that right after I read your suggestion though - but it works the same - she falls to the water.

Where is Krystian when we need him
I hope I do make this work, or else I've spent so many hours on making an entire new set of animations for this new vehicle (based on kayak) for nothing - also because without it the whole level design will rip

Thank you, though
What is the animation you're forcing? If you're forcing animation 77 it won't work, because for Lara to jump she needs a Grab Position command, this might be the reason why she is stuck. However, if I remember correctly, forcing an animation the TRNG way prevents the Grab Position command to be triggered as the animation isn't played fully. But a workaround would be this:
Add another animation, just a copy of the last frame of your kayak-to-jump animation, with the same StateID. In this new 1-frame animation, you put the trigger to force the jump animation (either using a GT, or putting directly an AnimCommand, I don't think that matters, but I'd say an AnimCommand is a "cleaner" solution), instead of putting it in the kayak-to-jump animation.
In the kayak-to-jump animation, put a Grab Position command. Also change the StateID to something neutral (the StateID used by the idle kayak animation for example), so it doesn't directly switch to normal Lara animations at the end of this one. Now, this animation will be played fully, so the Grab Position will be triggered. But then it will play the 1-frame animation (remember to set the Next Animation number), in which she will actually start jumping before switching to Lara's animations.
I've never really played with vehicle animations so I have absolutely no idea if that would work or not. :refl:
Old 12-11-17, 01:01   #12173
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Ok, here's what I did step-by-step:

-> removed/added ';' on the global triggers I've made
-> Added two new animations, each one having the last frame of the two exiting animation
-> set the state-id of the four animations (2 exiting animations and 2 1-frame animations) to 1 (idle animation on the kayak)
->set the next animation of the exiting animations to the 1-frame animations
-> added the anim command to force animation 77 (jumping) on the 1-frame animations
-> saved wad and tested in-game

(The animations already had a grab position command, so I kept them).

Lara also does get stuck in the boat like if you use dozy inside it. damn!
Old 13-11-17, 01:16   #12174
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Ok, despite this problem I'm having, I'd like to know if it is possible to kind of use F224 in a reverse way?

For example, at the start of the level, I have specific RGB fog values (that are not present in the flipeffect) - these values are the ones on the script.
Then, at the middle of the level, I use F224 to set the fog to black (for example).

But, at the end of the level, I want to set back the original fog colours, but I don't see any triggers to un-do the F224. Is this possible? Thanks
Old 13-11-17, 11:48   #12175
Titak

If you are using FLEP you can change the fog colours.
So you can change one colour in the fog colours list to that of your custom fog, and then you can use F224 to change it back to that custom colour.

Other than that, I do not know of a method to change the fog back to the colours of the script.
I've been running into that issue myself...
Old 13-11-17, 20:44   #12176
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

What would I do without your help

Well, hopefully this will only be a single case from the whole project - I won't use all those colours anyways.
Old 16-11-17, 09:58   #12177
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Is there a way to fix this thing? It shows loading screen while playing FMV instead of black bars. Alternatively, is there a way to make the FMV adapt to game screen size?

+ Can I use FMV_ commands with CUST_TITLE_FMV or not?
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-17, 11:43   #12178
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Does it actually load in the backdrop and then wait until the FMV is done playing? If yes, then that seems like an issue with the implementation of the FMV playback routine. In other words, something that Paolone would need to fix... Other than that it might be a graphics glitch, have you tried with dgVoodoo?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-17, 12:14   #12179
aidanmalone
Professor

Is there a way to check if Lara is performing a certain animation on a square/number of squares?
Old 16-11-17, 12:27   #12180
Caesum
Tomb Raider

dgVoodoo is too buggy, it breaks lighting in my levels, so I won't use that.

TRNG first loads logo, then before showing TITLE level it shows FMV. The problem is that for some reason loading screen stays during FMV. It happens only with SOFT_FULLSCREEN mode. In NORMAL mode it works fine, although the game turns into a window several times before playing FMV.
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote