www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-11-17, 10:10   #281
Dustie
Relic Hunter

AWESOME! I can't wait to try her out

Word has it you ported the original AoD model from the game to a TRLE outfit for the TLD team. Your outfits clearly mean quality
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 10:20   #282
Boobandie
Professor

Really? I ported and cut up the mesh a while back, reducing polygons a lot in the process. I was stopped by my inability to remap outfits . I remember posting it for download when Trangel was making their AOD outfit but I don't believe they used it. The TLD team never told me they were using it... I'm curious to see how she turned out.

The outfits I make now are really just mods. Mostly PoYu and my own efforts but occasionally using resources from other creators. Like in this case the lower half of the dress is White Tigers'. I consider them good mods, but they are still mods.

Any news on when TRSearch will be available for uploading again?
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 10:29   #283
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Is remapping outfit meshes difficult? I might need to do a few modifications some day...

Sadly I think TRSearch isn't truly coming back anytime soon, although I guess they are still working on that.
Old 12-11-17, 10:42   #284
Boobandie
Professor

Remapping existing outfits is easy as pie. But when creating a model entirely from scratch I found it impossible to correctly align my meshes.
Old 12-11-17, 10:43   #285
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Isn't this achieved by making a complete outfit as a single object and then splitting the "skin" and "joints" from it? And then the vertices for joints need to be remapped...
Old 12-11-17, 10:48   #286
Boobandie
Professor

Almost. Each cut up mesh needs to be realigned with the central axis before being imported otherwise they wouldnt rotate properly and would be in the wrong places. Notice how when you export all of laras meshes and open them in meta they are in a big clump in the middle?

Editwad has a skin joint check that does the calculations to align them from a clump to a standing model, but doesnt let you reimport them. If it did, problem solved.
Old 12-11-17, 11:38   #287
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
EDIT: A little progress. I ended up using White Tiger's dress as a base for the skirt.

Just got to finish up the textures for the top half of the dress. But I'll do that another day.
I looked at that render in the post you linked to.
Such an odd outfit for Lara. There's nothing else quite like it.
But I do like it. Great idea to remake it for the TRLE!

To bad we can't have nice longer dresses.

Making an outfit completely from scratch is indeed very difficult. It is best to use one model as a base, preferably a model that has about the same body proportions as the one you want to make, and then edit the meshes one by one.
Exporting the entire model with EditWad can help with alligning joints properly.

I am now wondering if it would help to make the model through Meta2TR and then copy it from the Meta2TR-ed .tr4 file into a wad using WADMerger. (minus texturing, just the model)
Old 12-11-17, 12:16   #288
Boobandie
Professor

Yeah it's one of the more casual dresses, if not the only one actually. The other classic dresses were all a lot more elegant or sexy, this looks like more day to day clothing.

It's just weird to see Lara in something other than raiding gear, but there was nothing really to suggest that she didn't wear dresses when at home, (before Angelina made a point about making her a tom boy) we only ever saw her on or preparing for an adventure is all.

I've still not decided which outfit I'd like for Lara's Home, but this is definitely a strong contender just for how different it feels.
Old 12-11-17, 13:45   #289
Titak

Quote:
this looks like more day to day clothing.
Indeed.
And could fit very well in a home setting that does not involve a lot of havey-duty raiding of the manor.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Old 12-11-17, 14:24   #290
aidanmalone
Professor

Quote:
Working on one of the classic outfits we only ever saw in renders...

Placeholder textures on the dress at the moment, I don't really work with remapping joints frequently so I'm still trying to get the mesh perfected.

I kind of like it for the manor actually. We rarely see Lara out of her adventure attire. (though the backpack is needed for puzzles, I can make a version without it)

Aah I've always wanted this outfit In TR at least one way or another! Will you be releasing it?