www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Digital Experience > Lara Croft and Tomb Raider on iOS, Android and Windows Phone

Old 05-10-17, 20:18   #1
Edming
Hobbyist

Default Is there going to be a TR3 release?

I was wondering if sometime TR3 will be released for Android and iOS...
I really want that :-/
Edming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 22:19   #2
charmedangelin
Archaeologist

No, the source code for the game has been lost. RealTech has tried to locate the source code, but so far it's just gone. I really would like a port of TR3 on IOS/Android as well, but I don't think that will ever happen.

The only way we could get TR3 possibly ported is if the game was remade from scratch, like OpenLara. But that takes time and resources that I'm not sure that RealTech nor Square are really interested in investing at the moment, if ever.
Old 07-10-17, 12:20   #3
dinne
Explorer

If it was possible, I'd really like to understand how a person could play TR3 on a smartphone since it's the most hard title by far among the whole series lol (Have you a joypad adapter for smartphone or something?).

To play it, I suggest to buy it from GoG and to play it on your PC with a joypad adapter (an adapter costs less than 3-4 on Ebay and you can use your PSX controllers, fake PSX controllers, Xbox controllers ecc, all!). While on GoG you have the set of TR1-2-3 for 8-9 , about: https://www.gog.com/game/tomb_raider_123
Requirements are so low that you can really use it on a very old pc if you don't have a gaming pc! You can use it also on a very little laptop pc I guess.
Or you can also buy a second hand PSX, + TR3, since its price is very low on Ebay (it is not already an antiquate piece, almost). But on PSX version there are saving crystals that add another layer of difficulty, while on PC version you can save where you want. Anyway PSX and its games work still today with no flaws in most of cases. I still play them all with no problems...
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 12:33   #4
mind
Archaeologist

How can you lose a source code for one of the best selling PS1 title???

BTW If they won't be able to find the source code, they won't release it....ever. TR3 is one of the most, if not the most difficult TR out there, its controls on phone are horrendous and there are not many people who would buy it... even for 2 €. So from the financial standpoint, it's not profitable.

Last edited by mind; 08-10-17 at 12:39.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-17, 13:47   #5
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
If it was possible, I'd really like to understand how a person could play TR3 on a smartphone since it's the most hard title by far among the whole series lol (Have you a joypad adapter for smartphone or something?).
These are great for Android TV boxes, with a game pad of course.