Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 26-04-12, 20:23   #11
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

I don't think it's because they think it will end, I think it's more an individual's expression that maybe they think it should end if things go badly again.

We all have standards in the sense that we all believe there's only so much a cherished videogame series should have to take before it should be put out of its misery. As I've said before (something I know you disagreed with), I'd rather the series die with some dignity than the powers that be flogging it beyond an embarrassing death. In a way, it seems to me as though you want to see the Tomb Raider/Lara Croft name continually stamped on whatever the latest fad is.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:28   #12
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
I don't think it's because they think it will end, I think it's more an individual's expression that maybe they think it should end if things go badly again.

We all have standards in the sense that we all believe there's only so much a cherished videogame series should have to take before it should be put out of its misery. As I've said before (something I know you disagreed with), I'd rather the series die with some dignity than the powers that be flogging it beyond an embarrassing death. In a way, it seems to me as though you want to see the Tomb Raider/Lara Croft name continually stamped on whatever the latest fad is.
All I want is a good Tomb Raider game.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:31   #13
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
Also,maybe some sequel of any game?
Natla alive?
I don't see any white text...
omg, I'm freaking out.
and no the game isn't called Tomb Raider A Survivor is born.
It's just
TOMB RAIDER
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:31   #14
tampi

Anyone know a TR tester?
We could kidnap him.
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:32   #15
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
All I want is a good Tomb Raider game.
I can't argue with that logic
I was just attempting to answer why you didn't understand why some people might think things should end.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:35   #16
Phlip
Inactive

I think TR will go on forever. If the worst comes to the worst with SE, they'll sell it and another company will do **** with it, then they might sell it again. I can't see it dying, but I can easily see the TR name getting stomped on more and more. =/
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:41   #17
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I think TR will go on forever. If the worst comes to the worst with SE, they'll sell it and another company will do **** with it, then they might sell it again. I can't see it dying, but I can easily see the TR name getting stomped on more and more. =/
I will hate SE forever if they do that.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 02:28   #18
Horus-Goddess

I don't feel like things should end if it goes badly, I just suspect it might. We've been through this same scenario before with Core, as everyone here well knows.

But now that I think about it maybe that is exactly it. I've already said I'd hate it if TR was thrown to a third developer, who will most likely have to stumble through it just as Crystal first did. Then it'd be the same cycle all over again.

I'm not afraid of TR "dying" because I feel like the classic TR will always be here especially because of the strong TRLE community. So I suppose I'm not really worried either way.

If TR fails, we'd always have memories of the good times and bad. Somehow I doubt the fanbase would fall apart completely. TR's had a good run. Even if it ended tomorrow.

Of course I'd rather it didn't, so long as the series went on with good solid installments here on out. No more... half arsed attempts like I feel the last trilogy was to some degree. I'd love the gameplay to live up to the reputation TR used to have back in its heyday. Of course with everyone wanting their games to be like movies, I doubt we'll ever have a real game again. But... that's just me being cynical lol.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 04:30   #19
lcroft_lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampi View Post
Anyone know a TR tester?
We could kidnap him.
Chris Bruno - QA Manager. He is at CrystalD for 18 years.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 05:20   #20
Raider99

And,yeah,i think too new TR will be made,it's just best game on the world for me and it have many,many fans!

About TR Memories,that gamaplay is just a test,prototype stage,
they will improve Lara,make her animations smoother,but now they are
scripting game.Now it's requirements stage.They asked to members on CG forums to vote which features to use in game.There are:
  • Physx yes/no
  • DirectX9/11
  • Nvidia 3D vision
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote