Old 14-03-18, 23:49   #211
WWETombRaider

Hard pass for me.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 11:50   #212
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Yeah I do agree, and a reunion with the original cast would have been great, but let's face it, it would be really hard to get all 4 together, but who knows maybe they'll be asked to play a part for this reboot later down the line.

I really don't want to see the two brothers fighting demons together. I seen a lot of people say they prefer that but I don't. It would be too similar to supernatural. I like charmed because it's 3 sisters.

But anyway I'm just really curious as to how they do it. If it's this reboot or no Charmed AT ALL. Then I'd rather have this. I'll make my decision after seeing the pilot episode. It could be amazing, it could be awful but I'll have to wait till then.
I understand why you’re saying that but for me I’d rather have the nostalgia and have charmed live with its original Legacy. If you change the mindset behind the show’s purpose which consequently affects the ethos within it, which I firmly believe is happening here, then it’s not Charmed anymore anyway.

If you want to make your own feminist witchy show then more power to you, I probably would have given it a shot, but do it as your own show with your own name. Don’t hijack an existing show with an existing legacy and fan base from which to spring board: it actually speaks volumes about the marketability of your product when you can’t market it as it’s own thing. To me, witches of East End will always be the modern day charmed as it had a similar premise with likeable all female characters without shoving it down your throat. Unfortunately, it was cancelled after only two seasons, despite being one of the highest rated shows of the season, so I wonder why it was cancelled, and I feel that’s why this show is riding off being ‘Charmed’.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 11:52   #213
biscuits

Thank God Xena's reboot was cancelled at the last minute! I can't imagine anyone else as Xena (or Gabrielle)
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-18, 19:29   #214
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Thank God Xena's reboot was cancelled at the last minute! I can't imagine anyone else as Xena (or Gabrielle)
I was over the moon with joy when I heard it was cancelled. Apparently Rob and executives disagreed on a lot of things and thus it was cancelled. He wanted Lucy to be of some importance, but the networks just didn't want to include her or Renee in that because they wanted a young and hip Xena. To me I found that very ageist of NBC and glad that the reboot didn't get past their disagreements.

The thing about reboots is the fact that I wish they would at least give the cast a chance to say yes or no to a return. What is so hard about that?
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 18:23   #215
Hyper_Crazy

I honestly don't know what to make of this
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 18:46   #216
Fantasy

It just seems really pointless to me...
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 20:04   #217
charmedangelin

Awful, I really hate CW for doing this to Charmed. This was a legacy that was worked and is owned by the women who built the Charmed legacy for 8 years.

Very angry with this crap. The original cast didn't want this, the fans didn't want this and yet they refused to listen. This was done soley to fit a political agenda and it sickens me what they have done.

I have the original Charmed on DVD and will never ever watching this garbage of a reboot.
Old 17-05-18, 20:35   #218
Tombraider95

As much as I love the original Charmed I'm still going this a go. I can understand why people are annoyed with this but I don't see how a continuation of the Halliwells would be done at this current point in time. The actresses are all doing different things with their owns lives and I really don't want a next generation of their kids either. Wyatt and Chris would be too much like Supernatural.

I do wish they would have done a reunion a few years ago with all 4 sisters but only recently Rose called Alyssa fake, there's just no getting along with these actresses it seems.

This is a short clip which I think looks pretty cool.

I don't think the trailer is amazing but I think I'll enjoy watching the episode a lot more.

The original Charmed isn't going to be affected by this. It's not like they're the same characters, it's just the same premise. If anything this will give more attention to the original Charmed.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 20:36   #219
Mani_Man

Eh, it looks fine.
I dont trust the CW to make the most out of the potential.
And i do like the old shows style and cheesyness more.

I will give it a try but i dont think it can survive for long.
I would have liked to see a return of the old show in this new age of tv shows...that would have been interesting to see.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 20:41   #220
charmedangelin

Everyone wanted to see the children, the next generation of Charmed. Holly even said that if they did something like that there was no way she could say no to it.

This was not necessary and is spitting on the iconic legacy of the original. Many people are outraged about this "reboot" They should have called this another show because there is nothing at all Charmed about it. No Core elements, hell even the characters aren't the same.

At least Reboot Lara is trying to be Lara Croft, these people couldn't care less about the legacy they are spitting on. In fact the actresses have said rude and nasty things about the original cast on Twitter before deleting their tweets.

Holly, Alyssa, Shannon, and Rose worked hard on the original and set a legacy that is popular as it is one of the most steamed things on Netflix.

Shame on CW for this.