Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 17-04-12, 19:50   #11
larafan25

Well, it's still up on PS3 so I'm going to play if anyone ever wants to play.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 21:55   #12
motoleo
Inactive

The PS3 is reserved for full length Tomb Raider games. I played the GoL demo, and it was nice, but it wasn't a full Tomb Raider experience. GoL doesn't really belong.

But seeing as I'm pretty much the only one who has GoL on the iPhone and actually wanted to play CO-OP, (just to try it) I think I have the right to say that this game really does suck.

Less than 1 out of 10 gamers are playing it. Much less talking about it.

Have you seen how many reviews are on the app store? About 40. It's not even as successful as say, Angry Birds.

That's why I always say: Don't believe the critics.

I have never in life seen a mode taken out of a game simply because no one was using it. That has never happened before. Was it THAT bad?

Uh, yes.

Last edited by motoleo; 17-04-12 at 21:57.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 21:57   #13
jackali
Golden

Who are you arguing against?

Regardless, it's not meant to be a full Tomb Raider experience. That's why it doesn't have Tomb Raider in the title.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 22:00   #14
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Who are you arguing against?

Regardless, it's not meant to be a full Tomb Raider experience. That's why it doesn't have Tomb Raider in the title.
I'm not arguing against anyone. I'm just pissed at those people who say, "GoL might not be popular, but it was successful."

No. It is not successful.

Last edited by motoleo; 17-04-12 at 22:01.
Old 17-04-12, 22:01   #15
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I'm not arguing. I'm just pissed. Especially at those people who were saying, "GoL might not be popular, but it was successful."

No. It is not successful.
Yes, it was successful. Grow up! :/
Lukass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 22:04   #16
jackali
Golden

Please don't start an argument in here. We're aware of the opinions of both sides.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 22:05   #17
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Please don't start an argument in here. We're aware of the opinions of both sides.
Oh, okay.

Last edited by motoleo; 17-04-12 at 22:15.
Old 17-04-12, 23:53   #18
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Just look at this section. If I didn't know any better I'd say the game never existed. But I'm okay. It's just that the only time I wanted to play co-op, I couldn't because Crystal decided that it was too unpopular.

Which it is. Shame-shame.
The game was popular when it was released, which was back in 2010, most Tomb Raider fans seem not to loike downloadable games or ones played online so it was never that popular here. And even with the consoles it was hard to get a co-op game when the mode was first made available. And as far as I know Crystal Dynamics runs no servers for such things anyway, so why blame them if you brought an old game and cannot get co-op? The game was a success, you jumped on the bandwagon too late.

Last edited by aussie500; 17-04-12 at 23:55.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 00:08   #19
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
The game was popular when it was released, which was back in 2010, most Tomb Raider fans seem not to loike downloadable games or ones played online so it was never that popular here. And even with the consoles it was hard to get a co-op game when the mode was first made available. And as far as I know Crystal Dynamics runs no servers for such things anyway, so why blame them if you brought an old game and cannot get co-op? The game was a success, you jumped on the bandwagon too late.
Jumped on the bandwagon too late? What the..? I actually bought the game when it first came out. I'd always thought CO-OP was broken or something because not a soul was ever online. Ever.

The last update to the game was Sep 20, 2011 which was not that long ago. It improved stability and multiplayer performance, which is now gone. I wanted to try it at this time, only to find out that it's gone when we weren't looking?

I'm pissed.

Game modes do not get disabled that quickly. The game did poorly enough that they disabled it's main selling point and they will not be making another?

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (1 Viewing) People couldn't care less.

Last edited by motoleo; 18-04-12 at 00:11.
Old 18-04-12, 00:12   #20
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
No.. I actually bought the game when it first came out. I'd always thought CO-OP was broken or something because not a soul was ever online.

The last update to the game was Sep 20, 2011 which was not that long ago. It improved stability and multiplayer performance, which now there is none.

Now I wanted to try it, and I'm pissed. Game modes do not get disabled that quickly. The game did poorly enough that they disabled it's main selling point and they will not be making another.
Maybe co-op is just greyed out because there is no one else you can play with? Considering the number who brought the game, and the numbers who were online, I do not think online co-op was ever the main selling point. And it was a one off game, Crystal Dynamics never had plans to make another. Just about everyone here has long finished playing GOL. I know nothing about phone games, but I am sure there is nothing stopping you from playing local co-op, find a local friend with the game.

Last edited by aussie500; 18-04-12 at 00:15.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote