Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 20-02-17, 21:09   #61
Kristijan1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
regardless, you're supposed to adjust gamma value after the screenshot has been taken

also if you're after a fair comparison, at least apply the shadow fix

and have it go pillarboxed

as opposed to windowboxed you're showing.
i do have shadow fix checked dunno why it doesnt work the point of the pic was to show the widescreen
not how dark/shadows the game is.As for the gamma since it wasnt the point of the pic was to show the
widescreen didnt take the time to edit the pic and high up the brightness hence the Gildos gamma is not
game sided but my whole windows gamma goes up,so fraps captured the non gamma version.
As for the Inhibit mode i though it would be better to be cheked anyways here i took an other one with
inhibit uncheked, also made the brightness higher in a simple editor,if i did it more it ruined the image
and shadow hack (but it doesnt work it might be cause of the braid mod) compared:

Inhibit Disabled:

Non DOS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidos View Post
Yeah, I have a new version of psVoodoo that improves on that. It now applies gamma using a shader in one of the render stages, so it no longer has to adjust the gamma of the whole computer. I did that so the gamma change would work across Steam Link, but as side effect it should remove your annoyance. The new version of psVoodoo isn't quite ready to release. I'm also getting it to use the largest 4:3 rectangle that fits the screen, so it should work on monitors of arbitrary size.
Nice lookin forward to it

Last edited by Kristijan1001; 20-02-17 at 21:10.
Kristijan1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-17, 21:14   #62
Patie
Inactive

UPDATE:I disabled the inhibit thing and the gamma problem no longer is a problem
(I play it windowed) EDIT: I also lowered the gamma to 0.91 in case that helps.

bye

Last edited by Patie; 21-02-17 at 00:50.
Patie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-17, 02:23   #63
VictorXD

Thanks a lot Kristijan, Glidos and gidierre, everything is working perfectly now

BTW, I've been thinking about adding HQ textures to Unfinished Bussiness ála silverlok's artstyle, but I'll only have time for that later this year, AND I have no idea where to start. Do I need to know some sort of programming, etc? I only know photoshop for making the textures.

Also, a small suggestion/request if it's not too much to ask: the amazing Sardoc has managed to make UB compatible with music, so now the expansion is much more atmospheric. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the DosBox version of the game because of the .exe Would it be possible to have a look into it so Glidos can have UB with music too?
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-17, 02:37   #64
Patie
Inactive

What about me?

just kidding..
Patie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-17, 12:18   #65
Kristijan1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Thanks a lot Kristijan, Glidos and gidierre, everything is working perfectly now

BTW, I've been thinking about adding HQ textures to Unfinished Bussiness ála silverlok's artstyle, but I'll only have time for that later this year, AND I have no idea where to start. Do I need to know some sort of programming, etc? I only know photoshop for making the textures.

Also, a small suggestion/request if it's not too much to ask: the amazing Sardoc has managed to make UB compatible with music, so now the expansion is much more atmospheric. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the DosBox version of the game because of the .exe Would it be possible to have a look into it so Glidos can have UB with music too?
haha i just asked glidos about the music in the previous comment it would be reallyhard to do wat he said , i preffer for u to just get the other version if u like the music ,dunno if i am allowed but since tomb raider is old game dunno if its allowed for me to upload 1-5 fully modded with all the best stuff in it but im not sure might get banned or smth lol :P might just remove some file and say game required or something

All i need is the AHK Injector if someone has it please SEND it to me the windows 10 version ,then ill make the pack complete and upload it,here is a look at the pack,all games are modified with psx audio/fixes/implemented missing music like in tomb1,unfinished bussniess/mods like the braid mod,alot of fixes done by some members here on the site like Sardoc,Also all games should run in 1080p+ with no problems even tomb raider 1 (with 1080p cutscenes/Dos only) and look crisp clean , Also controller DS4 Setup already done :

Last edited by Kristijan1001; 21-02-17 at 12:28.
Kristijan1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-17, 19:29   #66
Glidos

Okay here's the new version of psVoodoo for Glidos. http://download.glidos.net/psVoodoo/psVoodoo-0.15.zip It improves a number of things.

* If within Glidos you select "Inhibit mode change" and "Full Screen", the resolution setting is ignored and Glidos will use the largest 4x3 area that fits your screen.

* Remote playing via systems like Steam Link will work, including correct gamma settings

* The desktop's brightness setting will no longer change while using Glidos

* Screenshots will be accurate to game play and wont look dark.

To use this archive, unzip it and place the file Glide2x.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Glidos\psVoodoo, replacing the current version.
Glidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-17, 09:15   #67
Glidos

I'm sure I saw a web page or a post here the other day that listed all the patches to get the GLRage version as bug free as possible. Can't seem to find it now. Anyone know? There's a thread about it in this forum, but that doesn't seem to have the list I remember.
Old 01-03-17, 11:01   #68
Glidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristijan1001 View Post
Well it works natively no dos needed and u can select from whatever resolution u wish ,no weird resolution bugs,u can run it at 1080p perfectly with no problems.As far as i am aware Gildos is 1600x1200 max resolution which is bad for my monitor which means i will have to go even lower and that makes the game look even worse.Also i have a question why everytime a cutscene is skipped runing through gildos shows the desktop then go backs to the game ?
You might like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USIe8N7REkI
Old 08-04-18, 08:27   #69
pawelek115

It's no problem to upload HD textures to TR1 that you want without Glidos.
There must be a disc in the drive. I was eating in the bay of pirates and
I recorded the old version of TR 1 on CD, because my Ultimate Edition package did not work.

To upload HD textures you must have the original tomb raider in the drive or
GOG or Steam.

Step by step.
1. A board with TR 1 in the drive
2. Go to www.glidos.net/tombati.html?lang=en and download: TombATI.exe, Higher quality FMV files for TombatI,
HD Textures for TombatI and we can other texture packs from Tomb Raider Xtra.
3. We install TombATI.exe
4. Unpack the Higher quality FMV files and place it in the TOMBATI \ FMV directory.
5. We install HD textures for TOMBATI
6. Right click on the desktop in Tombati.exe and choose
open the file location and click 2xrazy on TombRaiderImporter,
and then in my case "install from CD", because I do not have another version of these 3.
7. Files from Data from CD then I had to copy to TOMBATI \ DATA
8.TombATI Configure choose which textures we use
9. Burn the game with TOMBATI.exe.
We have hardware acceleration, high screen resolutions, all music and
HD textures with high resolutions that can be freely switched
before starting the game TombATI Configure (HD from Tombati, Sherlock, JC, Matthew)

Below, the instructions with the GOG version, but in my case it was similar only at some point I marked Original instead of GOG to download the files.
And in addition, I had to copy the DATA files
www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vl_phzTKQ

Here is a presentation of various texture packages:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0WY0vAVJI

HD textures from Tombati are on all levels + Croft Manor
HD Sherlock textures are on all levels + Croft Manor
HD JC textures are on all levels except Croft Manor
HD Matthew textures are only on the Caves and City of Vilcabamba levels
HD Antonijadis textures are only up to level in Greece

By using HD textures from Tombati, we only have the texture resolution conquered so they are more detailed. All you have to do is see how the Croft Manor has gained images and bookshelves that it's much more detailed than even TR 2-5, but it's still the same views in the game unchanged.

When using HD textures from Sherlock, JC or Matthew, we have cosmetic changes in the textures, which makes the game surprising.

I have a problem with HD textures for Tomb Raider II.
I download Texture HD iOs and Tomb2Fix.
I put everything where it should, and it does not work.
I used this instruction:
1) Extract the Win 7 version of Tomb2Fix from the AHK Injector package.
2) Place the whole Tomb2Fix folder inside Tomb Raider (II) folder.
3) Extract the texture pack.
4a) Place * .dds files from Replacements folder into Tomb Raider (II) / Tomb2Fix / Textures / Replacements directory.
4b) Place * .dds files from dumps folder into Tomb Raider (II) / Tomb2Fix / Textures / dumps directory.
5) Launch the game from Tomb2Fix.exe

What's the deal with AHK Injector? Does it have to be downloaded and used for these textures?

Someone could attach a video with step by step instructions?

Last edited by pawelek115; 08-04-18 at 08:42.
pawelek115 is offline   Reply With Quote