www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 20-11-17, 09:26   #511
dcw123
Relic Hunter

I've never had an issue with AOD - apart from maybe how slow Lara can be at reacting when trying to go from standing still to running..

Played on PS2 and PC..

I liked the fact PS2 had the movable camera like LAU though
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 09:57   #512
pgert
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I think the 180' turn animation was introduced by sasho (in that older patch) to make it fast and easy to rotate Lara 180 degrees. But after playing literally every other game with tank controls it's just really hard to adapt to that. It would have been better if turning back was attached to SHIFT+DOWN instead.
I agree, but the combination DOWN+ROLL would be better and would support GamePads.
pgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 10:06   #513
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Does it really matter if it's A or R2?
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 15:10   #514
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
During Galleries Under Siege (cutscene)
It seems you used the vanilla version of this file (cs_6_2). There is a newer version where the ceiling looks correct and doesn't flicker, available in the gog/steam (and japan) release. I can send you the file if you want it.
Old 21-11-17, 15:51   #515
nakamichi680
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
It seems you used the vanilla version of this file (cs_6_2). There is a newer version where the ceiling looks correct and doesn't flicker, available in the gog/steam (and japan) release. I can send you the file if you want it.
Thanks, that ceiling looks horrible! Why did you not include this cutscene in your Ultimate patch?
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 16:31   #516
SLAYER
Archaeologist

I missed it, it seems that I missed many, but thats what you get by visually inspecting. Looking at the game with somewhat fresh eyes, I'm finding more bugs!

Use the newer releases as base, the EU releases are plain terrible (with a few exceptions)

The first post is missing a few things, like the credits patch and Hall of seasons with the better shadow maps. I also remember you fixed the Herbalist?
Old 21-11-17, 20:36   #517
nakamichi680
Historian

Quote:
Use the newer releases as base, the EU releases are plain terrible (with a few exceptions)
I only have the original disc version. Maybe you should update your Ultimate patch with new level files. Btw, what is their build date?

Quote:
The first post is missing a few things, like the credits patch and Hall of seasons with the better shadow maps. I also remember you fixed the Herbalist?
Yeah, I should add here older patches. I will do later this week.
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-17, 22:39   #518
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Maybe. I don't have enough free time, and at this point I don't trust a visual check. I will probably include the majority of the files in the map folder (unless there are clear regressions). They worked on the game for 3 extra months, they must have fixed things I'm not seeing, either visually or in the level logic.

Steam tags the files with the download date unfortunately, but the file sizes are the same as the Japan release, with files ranging from 3/7 to 8/9/2003.
Old 24-11-17, 09:43   #519
sasho648
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Played it too and wow, it's even more broken now. Her rotation is completely off. Just run forward and then release up and push left/right. She will do a crazy dance for a while before turning normally. Jumping sideways is broken too as she will rotate after every jump. Kliking backwards after running makes Lara rotate like crazy for a while. Generally clicking backwards make Lara rotate weirdly. + the random "walk to run" is back again + Lara is slow again. Sometimes instead of jumping sideways she just jumps up, then rotates.
Well I think this way the controls are more natural - you know having a bit of slip after a jump seems realistic.

Additionally having the ability to adjust direction while the long animations are played

I don't know just try them please.
Old 24-11-17, 09:47   #520
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I tried them already. Sometimes she doesn't even make a side-jump. She just jumps up, then rotates a bit. I wouldn't say it's more natural, just less responsive.
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote