www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 09-11-18, 08:02   #11
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
I don't think the vote is a good idea as most likely they would put boring practical outfit A against boring practical outfit B. If that then who really cares which wins?

The real key is to have options that focus purely on practicality and some that are more stylish. Give the player the choice rather than try and force fans to choose practical. We don't need 10 tribal outfits or 10 military outfits. Look at how LCToO offered lots of variety and that is what we need. Any kind of fan choice thing only works if they are open to more stylish/classic type options as possibilities and they badly need to be more open to this.
I don't think they're going to do this as long as "realism!" and "desexualisation" (in quotes because there's nothing necessarily sexual about taking pride in your appearance, but they're gonna take it that way) is on the agenda.

Also I'm not saying this as a compliment to her or defend her, but stylish clothes I just can't see suiting Reboot Lara. She hasn't the personality or charisma for a lot of the **** classic Lara wore unfortunately, I do agree with people who say that.

Still, we can dream. I am so bored of her being put in dowdy bin bags.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 09-11-18 at 08:05.
Yeauxleaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 08:27   #12
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I don't think they're going to do this as long as "realism!" and "desexualisation" (in quotes because there's nothing necessarily sexual about taking pride in your appearance, but they're gonna take it that way) is on the agenda.

Also I'm not saying this as a compliment to her or defend her, but stylish clothes I just can't see suiting Reboot Lara. She hasn't the personality or charisma for a lot of the **** classic Lara wore unfortunately, I do agree with people who say that.

Still, we can dream. I am so bored of her being put in dowdy bin bags.

What about a blue bin bag?

Because then its a throwback!
Old 09-11-18, 19:03   #13
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Agreed! And I'm far from picky. I even like the Rise Armors...all them Shadow chicken costumes though my lord whoever thought those looked good needs an eye transplant.
Yeah, me too. I really liked Rise outfits. I only disliked one or maybe two.
Old 09-11-18, 19:33   #14
Mikky
Legend

I think Rise's outfits were good, but that's it; they kind of all blurred into one and nothing
particularly stood out for me. Same with Shadow's weird tribal outfits, but when they have ones outside of that category, they're great imo. Sure there may be only 2 or 3, but there's potential there: the default outfit and the casual explorer are striking and memorable, at least for me. It shows that they don't even have to think outside the box, they can be simple, but just make them more appealing. I suggest adding more colour could be one way to go.
Old 10-11-18, 05:42   #15
RodneyMac12
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I think Rise's outfits were good, but that's it; they kind of all blurred into one and nothing
particularly stood out for me. Same with Shadow's weird tribal outfits, but when they have ones outside of that category, they're great imo. Sure there may be only 2 or 3, but there's potential there: the default outfit and the casual explorer are striking and memorable, at least for me. It shows that they don't even have to think outside the box, they can be simple, but just make them more appealing. I suggest adding more colour could be one way to go.
Simple styles seem to be better for Lara. And different colored versions of the same outfits worked wonderfully too, take the black and blue tank top for example. Same style, but different color. I think the devs should definitely experiment with a plethora of colors on Lara and see what works.
Old 10-11-18, 05:56   #16
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
Simple styles seem to be better for Lara. And different colored versions of the same outfits worked wonderfully too, take the black and blue tank top for example. Same style, but different color. I think the devs should definitely experiment with a plethora of colors on Lara and see what works.
I think Reboot Lara looks amazing in Red. The archery outfit in 2013, the red jacket in Rise, the 1 Shadow tribal outfit I could tolerate was the red one. I'd love to see her in a red tank like the default shadow outfit at some point.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 08:18   #17
tomee
Tomb Raider

People are too cynical about anything and everything here and you can't have healthy discussions on TRF anymore in this section. This is a hard pass for me. Whatever we get, we get
Old 10-11-18, 14:51   #18
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
We already know voting would go something like this from EM...

1. Practical and sleek, Lara has everything she needs to be one with the jungle.
Link

2. Practical and modern, Lara has everything she needs to be one with the jungle.
Link
3. Throwback to a classic. Lara has everything she needs to become the Tomb Raider she's meant to be while also becoming one with the jungle.
Link

I feel like the one I liked would never win lol so it would just lead to more heartbreak.
Lmao, yes. You must have giggled when you made this post. It's pretty much how it would go.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 15:04   #19
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Lmao, yes. You must have giggled when you made this post. It's pretty much how it would go.
I did indeed giggle way too much I think i ruptured a kidney.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 15:48   #20
fondantcookie
Professor

Or they could just stop making butch unflattering man outfits for her. We get it, you don't want to sexualise Lara.... But COME ON!

Bland. Butch. Boring

All the outfits are terrible