www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 08-02-17, 21:15   #1
Wooxman
Professor

Thumbs up The Definitive Edition runs better on the PS4 Pro

This is something I was wondering since the PS4 Pro has been announced: Will the Definitive Edition run at a stable framerate of 60 FPS? Sony now has implemented a boost mode for games without a Pro patch and while the framerate still dips quite recently, the game looks far more playable than before (the TRDE is shown at 10:00):

https://youtu.be/ftBB3ffc5A8?t=10m

They should just port the DE to PC so that we can play it with 60+ FPS and 1440p or 4k.

And I'm really surprised about all the frame dips of the shown games. Some of them don't even have that fancy graphics and still don't run at a stable 60 FPS. o.O
Old 08-02-17, 21:38   #2
Trenton
Tomb Raider

It's nice to see some performance increase in TRDE with the PS4 Pro. I plan on buying this console myself when it gets released and the DE is a must buy for me.

So does this mean it will run at a stable 60fps in the DE's native resolution which is then upscaled to 4K is that it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
They should just port the DE to PC so that we can play it with 60+ FPS and 1440p or 4k.
Yes.

#PCmasterrace
Old 08-02-17, 22:12   #3
Wooxman
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
So does this mean it will run at a stable 60fps in the DE's native resolution which is then upscaled to 4K is that it?
I don't think so. They say that Assassin's Creed Unity and Mirror's Edge Catalyst run at 900p so games without a Pro patch probably can't even be upscaled.

And considering that the PS4 version of RotTR got a Pro patch that lets you chose between upscaled 4k with 30 FPS and low visuals, 1080p with 60 FPS and low visuals and 1080p with 30 FPS and higher visuals, I'm sure that the games have to be patched in order to be upscaled.

Last edited by Wooxman; 08-02-17 at 22:16.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 13:45   #4
IncultaWolf
Student

I saw that yesterday, I've really been wanting to play the DE since it was released, but I usually play on the PC, and don't have any of the newer consoles. I honestly don't know why they never made it available. Anyways, I'm probably going to buy a pro just for this game.

A bit disappointing that it still has drops below 60 frames though.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote