www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-07-16, 07:50   #11
SamCactus101
Professor
 
SamCactus101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Posts: 4,063
Default

Agreed, JohnCroft.
And I have the same feelings with Uncharted Time Trials
__________________
~~*Set out. Make your own mark on the world. Make your adventures count!*~~
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-16, 08:46   #12
Tombraiderplay
Archaeologist
 
Tombraiderplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Rosewood
Posts: 1,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCroft25 View Post
Well, in my opinion they added them mostly to increase game time (without time trials, Legend can be 100% completed in less than 3 and a half hours) and, probably, also to provide some challenge and replayability....but, for me, Legend and Anniversary would be better without them
But its so rediculous that you cant complete 100% without finishing them -_- not to mention you feel rushed all the time
__________________
Take a Hint.
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-16, 13:06   #13
JohnCroft25
Student
 
JohnCroft25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
Agreed, JohnCroft.
And I have the same feelings with Uncharted Time Trials


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraiderplay View Post
But its so rediculous that you cant complete 100% without finishing them -_- not to mention you feel rushed all the time
Typically, if you get all the artifacts, relics, rewards etc, the games will show that you have an 100% completion, even if you don't do the Time Trials...I agree about the rush

Last edited by JohnCroft25; 21-07-16 at 13:10.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-16, 06:23   #14
Epic Fumble
Hobbyist
 
Epic Fumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Scotland
Posts: 47
Default

I'm not a fan of time trials but if you follow guides on youtube its not that bad. I unlocked the golden shotgun by finishing all the trials on the Lost Island first. It definitely helps with the rest of the trials.
Epic Fumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-16, 06:55   #15
JohnCroft25
Student
 
JohnCroft25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Fumble View Post
I'm not a fan of time trials but if you follow guides on youtube its not that bad. I unlocked the golden shotgun by finishing all the trials on the Lost Island first. It definitely helps with the rest of the trials.
Indeed, it does...and, fortunately, the Time trials of the Lost Island levels were not that hard, so you wouldn't have too much trouble acquiring it.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-16, 12:54   #16
Brendanlovesu1
Historian
 
Brendanlovesu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 291
Default

I completed Peru first to get unlimited magnum ammo and that made Natla's Mines a walk in the park as i skipped all the fuses currently trying to deciede if i should do egypt or greece next, i want that platinum trophy (playing on ps3)
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-16, 13:02   #17
JohnCroft25
Student
 
JohnCroft25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
I completed Peru first to get unlimited magnum ammo and that made Natla's Mines a walk in the park as i skipped all the fuses currently trying to deciede if i should do egypt or greece next, i want that platinum trophy (playing on ps3)
Yeah, unlimited ammo really makes ''Natla's mines'' time easy...there is also a nifty shortcut (Where you can skip getting the 2nd fuse and go immediately to the 3rd one) that really works for those who don't want to do the Time Trials without cheats ...For me, Egypt time trials are easier than the greek ones (As I have written in another thread, IMO Tomb of Tihocan and Midas's palace offer the hardest Time Trials in all the game )
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-16, 13:33   #18
Brendanlovesu1
Historian
 
Brendanlovesu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 291
Default

for me St Francis Folly and Obelisk of Kahmoon were difficult
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-16, 05:52   #19
SamCactus101
Professor
 
SamCactus101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Posts: 4,063
Default

Same.

I remember freaking out trying to do Time trial for St Francis Folly, thinking that it was gonna be the hardest to do. Turns out Obelisk of Khamoon was hardest since in that level you have to literally not make any mistakes. Especially grabbing moving ledges in time. Ugh.

Or am I confusing this with Temple of Khamoon?
__________________
~~*Set out. Make your own mark on the world. Make your adventures count!*~~
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-16, 06:04   #20
JohnCroft25
Student
 
JohnCroft25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
for me St Francis Folly and Obelisk of Kahmoon were difficult
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCactus101 View Post
Same.

I remember freaking out trying to do Time trial for St Francis Folly, thinking that it was gonna be the hardest to do. Turns out Obelisk of Khamoon was hardest since in that level you have to literally not make any mistakes. Especially grabbing moving ledges in time. Ugh.

Or am I confusing this with Temple of Khamoon?
I agree about Obelisk of Khamoon...it's that the level is hard enough itself, and given the time pressure, parts like the room with the rotating blades can be a pain in the , due to being in a rush...
As for the Temple of Khamoon and St Francis Folly, I found them easy, as, even if I did mistakes (getting hit, losing lives etc), I still had plenty of time to finish their Time Trials.
My personal nightmares are Midas's palace and Tomb of Tihocan (especially the latter). Even if I use plenty of shortcuts and not make mistakes, I finish them with just a short amount of remaining time. And in Tomb of Tihocan you have to be especially careful when you place the board to reach the exit, as, sometimes, it gets stuck under the platforms underneath the exit, and you don't have the time to put it in the correct place (and this can happen if you misplace it just a tiny small distance away from where it should)

Last edited by JohnCroft25; 03-06-17 at 22:08.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.