www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-17, 19:58   #71
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 7,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
See, this is why I think my relationship with Tomb Raider could be irreparably damaged. In my eyes, there was absolutely nothing wrong with how the game looked when it was first released. It even looks pretty when I play it on my ancient and groaning laptop. But SOMEONE at Crystal D thought it would be a fine use of time and resources to improve upon the graphics - which are the only aspect (in my eyes) that was completely faultless about the whole thing.
1080p, 60fps, all DLC, a vastly improved, and less buggy multiplayer, more realistic hair physics, dynamic foliage... Shall I continue?

Quote:
I'd have much rather they had sat down and devised some fun gameplay scenarios for the next game, instead of messed around with this!!
You do realise the DE came out in January 2014 - before Rise was even announced, right?
__________________
No.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-17, 21:09   #72
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
1080p, 60fps, all DLC, a vastly improved, and less buggy multiplayer, more realistic hair physics, dynamic foliage... Shall I continue?
You mean up to 60 FPS and more like 40-50 FPS most of the time. And the multiplayer of the DE is the worst of all versions with constant disconnects. Resolution, framerate and MP are best on PC. The only advantage of the DE are the prettier graphics (especially the shadows) and the (IMO) better looking Lara model.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-17, 20:22   #73
IncultaWolf
Student
 
IncultaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
You mean up to 60 FPS and more like 40-50 FPS most of the time. And the multiplayer of the DE is the worst of all versions with constant disconnects. Resolution, framerate and MP are best on PC. The only advantage of the DE are the prettier graphics (especially the shadows) and the (IMO) better looking Lara model.
The only thing I noticed that DE improved in multiplayer was that Lara's braid actually moves now. But the PC version is probably the best, since you don't need a psn or xbox subscription to play, and you can play as Zac and the Scavenger Archer.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 05:03   #74
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 7,794
Default

The MP on the PC is the worst though
The last gen MP is so buggy and laggy, I can't. The only thing worse about DE's MP is that it randomly throws you back to the main menu after a round ends.
__________________
No.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 16:13   #75
Wooxman
Relic Hunter
 
Wooxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
The only thing I noticed that DE improved in multiplayer was that Lara's braid actually moves now.
Yes, and the weapons and axes also dangle around, though you don't really notice that during gameplay since multiplayer makes you focus more on your environment than your character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
The MP on the PC is the worst though
The last gen MP is so buggy and laggy, I can't.
Are you just generalizing or have you actually played TRMP on PC? I've played the MP on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC and of those three, the PC version certainly is the best and most stable one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
The only thing worse about DE's MP is that it randomly throws you back to the main menu after a round ends.
Yes and that will count as a left game, really just a minor annoyance, especially if you care about ranking up or if you want to stay in the same lobby. And I don't know about TRMP on PS4, but at least on Xbox One it can take ages to get into a lobby (most of the time it says that you'll be connected and then throws you back to the title screen), there's far more lagging during gameplay and if one person leaves, chances are high that you'll be disconnected from the lobby. The only disadvantage on PC is the occasional cheater who abuses the Yamatai patch, but in those cases you can simply leave the game and search for another lobby rather quickly. I wouldn't take that risk with the DEMP if someone annoys me. And that's far from being as annoying as all of the downsides of DEMP.
__________________
Never forget: Gameplay is king!
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 18:48   #76
IncultaWolf
Student
 
IncultaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 136
Default

Apparently, there was censorship with the DE version. I don't know if this way region specific or not though.

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...d-1024x576.jpg

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...485161f1_o.jpg


http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01...-raider/71041/
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 20:14   #77
Phlip
Legend
 
Phlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: England ♂
Posts: 31,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
Apparently, there was censorship with the DE version. I don't know if this way region specific or not though.

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...d-1024x576.jpg

http://www.jvfrance.com/wp-content/u...485161f1_o.jpg


http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/01...-raider/71041/
I'm banking that was more an oversight/they were too lazy and so just used a generic dirt layer.
__________________
Seeing Is Believing
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 20:30   #78
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: No
Posts: 7,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I'm banking that was more an oversight/they were too lazy and so just used a generic dirt layer.
Agreed. They couldn't make the hair red, so they didn't bother with the rest.
__________________
No.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 07:34   #79
AntRaidsTombs
Archaeologist
 
AntRaidsTombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,735
Default

She was bloody in my DE
__________________
'Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4; Out Now!!! Welcome home Lara!'
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-17, 08:00   #80
ESCachuli
Archaeologist
 
ESCachuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,278
Default

I found it odd too when I played the DE but I thought it was just a less saturated version.

Yeah, it looks much better in the original.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.