Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 08-04-13, 01:25   #1341
TippingWater

^ I applaud you Rai! Well written .
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 14:28   #1342
VaBanes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Are they to never act again or something?
That's not what I meant. But there are lots of people out there who can act at the same level. The problem is nobody knows them.
But they should get a chance.
Personally I like it to see some unknown newcomer playing in "great blockbusters" for the first time and do a great job, just like Sharlto Copley in district 9.

Furthermore, I think famous people don't need to become more famous. But the unfamous ones to start their careers.

(ps: i am not good at comma placement...]
VaBanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 17:15   #1343
Lil91

I don't say that they shouldn't play any roles. I hope they will for them.
I just don't see any of them in Tomb Raider. It's right that I see them in there famous roles (like Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter; Kristen Stewart - Bella,...) it's the same thing for me with the "german voices of..." the actors. I hear the voices and think of anyone, but in german their are more actors for one "german voice" - so I started looking many series/movies or play games in english.
I think of their biggest roles, but - if they play this new role good - I can also accept it.

It's just: For me is Camilla Luddington the new Tomb Raider. I like her as the voice actress of Lara Croft; I think she kinda looks like her - and after hair-doing and clothes ; And she is a good actress - I think she can play that part. And if anyone says she is 29 and not 21 - okay, but she doesn't look like 29, maybe also not like 21, but their will be a hit in the middle How many actors played younger roles!?

Last edited by Lil91; 08-04-13 at 17:17.
Lil91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 19:03   #1344
TippingWater

I like Camilla as well, but let's be honest, the series is not as popular as it was in the 90s so they kinda need a big name. Even back then they went with a relatively known actress. Afaik Angelina had won the Oscar long before she was cast in the first Tomb Raider movie.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 20:36   #1345
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
That's not what I meant. But there are lots of people out there who can act at the same level. The problem is nobody knows them.
But they should get a chance.
Personally I like it to see some unknown newcomer playing in "great blockbusters" for the first time and do a great job, just like Sharlto Copley in district 9.

Furthermore, I think famous people don't need to become more famous. But the unfamous ones to start their careers.

(ps: i am not good at comma placement...]
I do agree with you, new talent should get their breaks, of course . I just don't see an unknown being in the lead role, as Lara Croft, would have enough star power for Tomb Raider. The game has just rebooted, the film is following on from there, being based on the game (AFAIK), it'll need a recognisable name to boost sales. The first 2 films did well enough, but GK films will want their film to do even better. With an unknown actress, people will still be skeptical over her abilities and Tomb Raider's rep really needs a boost tbh. Emma Watson is an example of an up-and-coming star, she's well known enough in the UK and her CV is growing, but she's yet to be recognised as a world star. Her role as Hermione could even be a boost also, if you think about it. People will be intrigued to see 'Hermione' in another big role.

You're right, the already famous don't need to be more famous and unknowns need exposure, but, unfortunately, the way the industry works, directors are less likely to cast unknown actors for blockbuster movies. They need star power, and star quality to sell the films.

Last edited by Rai; 08-04-13 at 20:37.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 21:25   #1346
HRHCroft

I can't think of any age appropriate actresses who would make a good Lara these days. If the next film wasn't going to be based on the new 2013 "Tomb Raider" then there are a fair few names I've thought of over the years that could've been 'old' Lara (not 'old' as in old person, hehe).

Personally, Camilla, Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence are all major no-nos for me.

Last edited by HRHCroft; 08-04-13 at 21:28.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 01:06   #1347
xavecroft

not camilla....

http://tombraidermania.blogspot.com....r-ya-esta.html
xavecroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 12:01   #1348
peeves

I wouldn't like Camilla to be the next lara.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 13:40   #1349
DanV

Lyndsy is the perfect match for Lara Croft

[IMG]http://i46.************/2wq7gbc.jpg[/IMG]
DanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 15:21   #1350
James_Rutland

Oh hey she does look very much like Lara, actually. Especially in the turning point video. Just give her brown eyes and an English accent and she's perfect.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote