Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 13-03-12, 03:35   #6831
lcroft_lc

Assassin’s Creed III AI affected by changing seasons

Quote:
Say goodbye to the eternal summers of past Assassin’s Creed games.

A number of gameplay details for Assassin’s Creed III have surfaced in a GameInformer feature on the game’s environments.

One of the more interesting is that every location will be available in both summer and winter modes. NPC behaviour and available actions will vary depending on season, and paths will vary as ice and snow both block and open new paths.

Although snow can bog down NPCs, by taking to the trees, Connor cna move swiftly through icy terrains. this is particularly good news as the feature claims a good one-third of all gameplay will take place in the open world wilderness. Some gameplay will take place during Connor’s youth as a boy in a Mohawk village.

Some of the game’s characters are lightly detailed; Benjamin Franklin is one, but will not be doing much inventing, instead embroiled in the politics of the time. George Washington plays a central role of course, but Ubisoft want to show his historically-accurate indecisive side as well as the heroic one; Connor will meet with Washington regularly. Captured American leader Charles Lee will also be featured.

The feature also includes some slight details of New York and Boston as they appear in-game; it’s not clear whether other towns and cities will be featured in game.

Assassin’s Creed III is due on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October, with a PC version expected to follow and a Wii U launch on the cards.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/13/assa...nging-seasons/
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 03:49   #6832
TRLegendLuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
^YouTube
If I wanted to look it up on YouTube, I would of. I wanted a fan's perspective and approach to what happened.

---
^
Didn't we already know this...?

Last edited by TRLegendLuver; 13-03-12 at 03:50.
TRLegendLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 03:58   #6833
lcroft_lc

^ No.

The World Of Assassin’s Creed III

Long before a game like Assassin’s Creed III can be played on a screen with a controller, the world of that game must be visualized. Strong concept art guides the vision of a project, informing the graphical style, locations, characters, and tone of the whole experience.

During our visit to AC III developer Ubisoft Montreal, we saw a wealth of evocative images from the project. We’ve drawn out some of the coolest pieces of concept art from what we saw to help illustrate some of the game’s most compelling locations, events, and characters.

For each of the images below, you may click on the picture for a larger version. Then, read the description below each image to learn more about what that piece of art illustrates about the larger game.

Enjoy your illustrated tour of the world of Assassin’s Creed III.

Details-
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...creed-iii.aspx
Old 13-03-12, 04:02   #6834
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRLegendLuver View Post
If I wanted to look it up on YouTube, I would of. I wanted a fan's perspective and approach to what happened.
No one knows because no one's bought it. Id tell you to go and browse the threads at the Ubi board to find out, but people there are so sickeningly lost in their belief that the sun shines out of Ubi's butt that they're comments are all biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
^ No.
The changing seasons thing is old news. VG24/7 is just lazily regurgitating what GI has already reported.

Last edited by Spong; 13-03-12 at 04:06.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 04:08   #6835
sheepman23

Wow. Although I was initially worried about the cities being too small, this doesn't look so bad, especially Boston. Although it doesn't look as huge as places like Venice and Rome, I'm staying optimistic.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 04:09   #6836
lcroft_lc

Quote:
No one knows because no one's bought it. Id tell you to go and browse the threads at the Ubi board to find out, but people there are so sickeningly lost in their belief that the sun shines out of Ubi's butt that they're comments are all biased.

The changing seasons thing is old news. VG24/7 is just lazily regurgitating what GI has already reported.
But the feature they taken this time is new which I posted again one post after. These buildings is waiting for you to climb-

http://media1.gameinformer.com/image..._01_boston.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/image..._greatfire.jpg

http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...stonstreet.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Wow. Although I was initially worried about the cities being too small, this doesn't look so bad, especially Boston. Although it doesn't look as huge as places like Venice and Rome, I'm staying optimistic.
I believe we can't see whole Boston from that pic.

Last edited by lcroft_lc; 13-03-12 at 04:10.
Old 13-03-12, 04:13   #6837
sheepman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
I believe we can't see whole Boston from that pic.
That's true, it sort of fades away in the back of the landscape, and it looks like there might be more off to the right side. It actually reminds me quite a bit of Venice, the difference being the size of the buildings. Which can be worked around.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 04:24   #6838
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

All that is just concept art. It means nothing to me.

Last edited by Spong; 13-03-12 at 04:33.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-12, 04:38   #6839
lcroft_lc

Quote:
All that is just concept art. It means nothing to me.
Concept art's comes out true later.

Whoa! My 300th post in this thread.
Old 13-03-12, 04:51   #6840
H4RR7H

I don't recall seeing screens anywhere, but it seems my local retailer Mightyape has some up:

H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote