Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 25-04-14, 20:48   #1011
larafan25

I think what's nice about it, is that it feels dated in a chronological sense. Like. There has actually been some progression throughout the lore since UC1. It's cute.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 20:51   #1012
hitnrun017

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
ug. the first just. encapsulates you. maybe. like. It's so nostalgic to me now. Elena's shorts. Elena's camera. Elena. Ug. the beginning. Let's go back. I wanna cry.

havent played that game since the first time i played it, it was a rental. I only own the first two. Maybe I should get it some day. the way that game progresses. the mystery. ug.
This. So much. I played the first in one sitting and I loved every single moment even through the repetitiveness. May be the most fun I've ever had playing a game. THAT ISLAND. THAT ATMOSPHERE. THAT ELENA. It's perfect to me.
hitnrun017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 20:52   #1013
Zelda master

I think Uncharted looks just fine in almost every regard, it's just the character models that look incredibly plasticy these days. Uncharted 2 improved on that alot and Uncharted 3 the character models look insane.
But the one thing that I absolutely hate about Uncharted are the controls... Who thought it was ok to make the grenades a weapon type instead of a simple button press. Ugh that crap killed me so often because I was used to the controls of the third one (yeah the way I played the series isn't the most logical)...

But honestly I think when it comes to overall presentation Golden Abyss wins it. No section was overly long or too short. The shooting sections were perfectly paced and atleast the AI wasn't unforgiving by seeing you from ten kilometers ahead. That pissed me off so much in the other three...

Last edited by Zelda master; 25-04-14 at 20:54.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 22:51   #1014
_Awestruck_

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
ug. the first just. encapsulates you. maybe. like. It's so nostalgic to me now. Elena's shorts. Elena's camera. Elena. Ug. the beginning. Let's go back. I wanna cry.

havent played that game since the first time i played it, it was a rental. I only own the first two. Maybe I should get it some day. the way that game progresses. the mystery. ug.
It's weird, because this is exactly how I feel about the second game. It's easily one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had playing a game.
_Awestruck_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-14, 12:12   #1015
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
What about UC1 could seem dated for some people? I just played it and it felt like it could have been a game that was recently released.
Well for some, because you're used to the look and feel of how the Uncharted 2 and 3 played, going on to U1 can almost feel quite tedious in controls. Kind of like God of War 1 & 2 HD remake. I had never played them and even though they had updated graphics I found it hard to enjoy the controls and the OK graphics. Maybe if I had played the originals when they came out then the nostalgia would help me through. But I'm not saying thats entriely the case with Uncharted, I think U1 could possibly be perfectly fine getting into
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 18:10   #1016
domino92

Lead Character Artist Michael Knowland has just left Naughty Dog, destination unknown.

Source.

What the hell is happening at Naughty Dog?
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 18:54   #1017
Linoshi Croft

I have a feeling Sony are forcing the company to do things they don't want to, Uncharted 4 perhaps.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 19:12   #1018
domino92

It'll be interesting to see how the finished product turns out, and how much of Naughty Dog is left standing afterwards.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 21:15   #1019
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how the finished product turns out, and how much of Naughty Dog is left standing afterwards.
I really hope, that the game turns out good.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 21:17   #1020
Lara_Fan1

Uncharted will turn out fine. I don't see anything wrong with the way the games have progressed.

My only complaint is Elena. I want them to stop splitting up to only meet in the middle of the game and get back! Just keep them together lol.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote